Superdish conversion

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Stats8

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 3, 2005
Dishnetwork are changing the superdish for large? dish 500's in my area.
A friend of mine asked the installer what they were doing with the old dishes.
He said they were throwing them out, so my freind said he would spare him the haul, he said fine.
I have a dishnetwork subscription, using 2 legacy dishes for HD only, so I removed all the lnbf's and mounted a single lnbf on the arm and sleved the mounting bracket.
My signal went up 20 points on E3.
Talk about a heavy gauge dish, it must be as heavy as 3 18" dishes. Don't think its good for the SG2100:)

The Superdish is 36x20 (I think) so it is a little small for FTA but could be used for the stronger transponders out there :)

24x33.5 it is small for FTA, but a good booster for Dish. Sad to see them toss them.

The scrap metal dumpster at the Directv place down the street from where I work has TONS of Dish and Directv dishes in them. Lots of the Super Dish and Dish 500's. Some look brand new. LNBS and all. I have no use for them but........

iafirebuff said:
The scrap metal dumpster at the Directv place down the street from where I work has TONS of Dish and Directv dishes in them. Lots of the Super Dish and Dish 500's. Some look brand new. LNBS and all. I have no use for them but........
Grab it all, you can sell it to china, I knew someone just doing this and make quite a bit of $$.

I'm using a dishnet superdish with a fortec lnb on IA5, works great:)

rdel, how did you mount your fortec Ku lnb on the super dish arm. Any special modifications? Did you just use the lnb holder on the side? I've got one I rescued from the dump but thought it would be too small for FTA.

I took the old lnb off and right between the main forks I placed the fortec lnb and used electrical tape. I was going to make a good holder for it but I have been working on my house.( katrina, just got the wiring in next I'll put up the ceiling and walls)
The tape holds really well and the setup works great, just sounds a little strange.lol
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)