Survey says iOS prefered over Android

I currently have a Samsung Captivate, it sucks. I had an iPhone 3gs previously. As soon as the iPhone 5(or whatever it's going to be called) is released I'm dumping this POS.

Android is definitely not for me, I don't like the interface or performance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

I'm sorry, but I'm not overly impressed with Android. I was told how wonderful it was, and how you could do anything you wanted with it, and how I was an idiot for using iOS, etc etc. So, I spent some time with a few Android phones and tablets. (It's nice to have a future father in law who runs an electronics repair store and has tons of them.) I was really underwhelmed.
First, the carriers fill the OS with bloatware and crapware. You have to root your phone if you want to get rid of it. In contrast, Apple doesn't let the carriers touch the software.
Next, I found that Android can't do Exchange properly. You have to get a $30 app to use it at all, and even then it's picky and only works fully with very standard Exchange configurations. iOS does it quickly, and completely right out of the box. This is a big deal, as I rely on my corporate email a LOT. My co-worker has an EVO and he can't even get it to do attachments right with our Exchange server.
I use DRA and Netflix a lot on my iPhone. Android had DRA, but only a handful of models can run Netflix.
Normal functions that iOS could do by default literally took 15 steps to do with Android. Downloading books and PDFs with iOS is instant. It goes directly into iBooks and is accessible without any hassle. The Galaxy Tab 10.1 I was using for my tablet tests (and it's a damn good tablet, I really liked it) needed multiple steps to do the same thing.
To me, Android, while you can customize it more, felt like an inconsistent, patched together kludge.
Yes, I wish Apple would allow Flash, that's the one thing Android has going for it.
Being open source, it also gives the carriers the ability to lock it down and remove any features they don't like. iOS, OTOH, is controlled by Apple and ONLY Apple. iOS and to a lesser extent WP7, feel like polished, professional OSes. They work, and work well. I've been playing a lot with my fiance's LG Quantum running WP7, and I have to say I'm impressed. It has a lot of promise. I'm anxious to see the upcoming Mango update.

No problems with Exchange here... and our servers are really picky since they are government ran.

You're always going to like what you are comfortable with. I started with Android first not iOS. I play with the kids ipod touchs and just don't like the interface and how you have to navigate around to get to apps and such. Of course since I'm used to Android I hate the interface. Not mentioning anything about lack of SD card slots, mounting file system over USB, etc., as I'm just talking software usability.

i just found out the iphone only stores the last 100 calls? is that true?
yeah its alot, but my old flip phone did more then that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)