Swanni says Direct WILL have 100 HD channels by years end.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
And I've got some swamp land in Florida to sell Swann

He is a moron unless he is counting locals. If he is talking national I would love to hear his list of the 100 HD networks out there...

There are only a couple of RSNs that are in HD all the time. I hardly call that a national HD channel (of course we call A&E HD a national hd channel...)

DirecTV confirmed that they will be counting HD channels in the expensive sports packages like NFL Sunday Ticket and MLB Extra Innings in order to get to the "100" figure... :(

Sad really that RSN's count as a channel, what ever happened to watching sports on the local station? I guess there wouldnt be as much contract money to waste on players then.

Sad really that RSN's count as a channel, what ever happened to watching sports on the local station? I guess there wouldnt be as much contract money to waste on players then.

In markets such as boston the local sports stations are the RSNs. The Sox and Bruins play virtually all of their games on NESN and the Celts play on FSN NE.

Of course most of them are EVENTS not Channels.

Smoke and Mirrors folks...

I still say there will not be 100 HD Channels on ANY company by the end of the year. The programmers are not ready for it yet.

There are only a couple of RSNs that are in HD all the time. I hardly call that a national HD channel (of course we call A&E HD a national hd channel...)

Yes just like every provider that counts ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, TNT, A&E HGTV, etc and every other channels that is not 24/7 HD.

Yes just like every provider that counts ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, TNT, A&E HGTV, etc and every other channels that is not 24/7 HD.

Here's the difference. On the majority of the RSN's the only HD programming are the actual games. The majority of the HD games are pro games. Therefore the blackout rules apply. So I may have access to 15 "HD" RSN's but never be allowed to see a single thing in HD on all but 1 of those. Therefore I say that is not a "national" HD channel.

IS funny watching Swanni reports time to time.Last night watching 24, Direct tv now advertise they will have 150 HD channels by the years end.Pure Kool Aid:rolleyes:

...why does this guy sound like he is trying to convince himself when is says, "it's gonna happen?"

Personally, I'm torn on this issue. On one hand, D* did nothing to advance HD the past 2 1/2 years and, if you ask my opinion, they are original HD-Lite perpetrators. Heck, if D* could do it then E* could do it too. However, on the other hand it sure would be nice to have additional HD choices until FiOS rolls into my neck-of-the-woods. With all that capacity perhaps they'll also deliver high-quality PQ.

Anyway, should be interesting...if they get the birds off the launch pad.

The latest "Back To The Future" ad is very informative.

Doc says, "...will have three times the HD CAPACITY of cable..."

Capacity does not equal actual content.

PT Barnum is still very instructive 'lo these many years later.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)