Swanni says Direct WILL have 100 HD channels by years end.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
To be fair, you got all that HD equipment knowing full well what DirecTV offers in terms of HD. ;)
I never said I didn't know! But to be fair Directv has also had the same HD lineup for the 3 years I've had the HD package.I'm still saying though, when Septeber comes around,and no results ,,, Then Dish Network here I come.

I never said I didn't know! But to be fair Directv has also had the same HD lineup for the 3 years I've had the HD package.I'm still saying though, when Septeber comes around,and no results ,,, Then Dish Network here I come.

Like I have already said - everyone should give their money to whomever they feel is best for them. But in all honesty, the DirecTV HD programming plan has always emphasized by end of 2007. I just got to think, that since this is all really dependent on the launch of a satellite (no SMALL task) - that a better date for your 're-evaluation' would probably be end of December. Because the truth is, if the sat is up as expected, the programming WILL DEFINITELY FOLLOW, to think otherwise is ridiculous IMO.

Like I have already said - everyone should give their money to whomever they feel is best for them. But in all honesty, the DirecTV HD programming plan has always emphasized by end of 2007. I just got to think, that since this is all really dependent on the launch of a satellite (no SMALL task) - that a better date for your 're-evaluation' would probably be end of December. Because the truth is, if the sat is up as expected, the programming WILL DEFINITELY FOLLOW, to think otherwise is ridiculous IMO.
I agree completely.

Talked to Directv rep yesterday. Having some problems with locals, found out they are working with a new sat. Also told there would be 35 HD channels added on June 12. Hope it's true!!!

My 2 cents!

Talked to Directv rep yesterday. Having some problems with locals, found out they are working with a new sat. Also told there would be 35 HD channels added on June 12. Hope it's true!!!

My 2 cents!

There won't be any new channels added that soon, that I can almost guarantee.

Yes there will be no new HD channels on June 12th. Maybe some part time slots here and there but they will problably be used by MLB games.

Hemi,
Keep in mind, just because September has been listed as being the time the new HD channels will be here, they will not all show up over night, it will be a process that will start in Sept. and continue thru the rest of the year and into '08.

Jimbo

Because the truth is, if the sat is up as expected, the programming WILL DEFINITELY FOLLOW, to think otherwise is ridiculous IMO.
If DIRECTV were providing the programming, this might be a valid statement. As they are depending on numerous channels that don't currently have HD offerings (and at least one that allows that it will not), it probably isn't fair to suggest that some sort of HD dam is going to burst just because they finally got a satellite turned up at DIRECTV.

If DIRECTV were providing the programming, this might be a valid statement. As they are depending on numerous channels that don't currently have HD offerings (and at least one that allows that it will not), it probably isn't fair to suggest that some sort of HD dam is going to burst just because they finally got a satellite turned up at DIRECTV.

Directv did sign contracts of commitment for several HD channels and that was before the delays.It would surprise me if those channels are not ready and waiting for bandwith(Directv).:rolleyes:

I said if the satellite is up the programming will definitely follow - I have suggested no 'dam about to burst' or any such thing. But I will add now that I expect (my opinion mind you) that if all goes well on launch and turn-on - we will see in excess of 70 HD channels by mid-October.

Yes, I am counting RSN's (as long as they are offered ConUS), and movie channels.

I also expect (my opinion again) that the 100 number will be reached no later than March 08. And yes - before you ask, I am ok with that.

Hemi,
Keep in mind, just because September has been listed as being the time the new HD channels will be here, they will not all show up over night, it will be a process that will start in Sept. and continue thru the rest of the year and into '08.

Jimbo
I agree with that ,I'm a realist! It would be safe to say I would NOW, After talking to you fine folks,That I'll give Directv untill the end of December.That would be fair then.I have needs that I want to fulfill,and there are other options.Directv is who I want! So I want them to have the best and most HD for all the years to come.

I agree with that ,I'm a realist! It would be safe to say I would NOW, After talking to you fine folks,That I'll give Directv untill the end of December.That would be fair then.I have needs that I want to fulfill,and there are other options.Directv is who I want! So I want them to have the best and most HD for all the years to come.

Hemi - remember this is really only dependant on the sat launching and working ok. But I don't think ANYONE would deny that if all does go well that by the end of December DirecTV will have MANY MORE HD channels than ANY OTHER provider - maybe not forever, but for a substantial period of time IMO.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)