Swanni says Direct WILL have 100 HD channels by years end.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A doubleblind taste test of water was conducted in LA to see which water more people preferred. There was all manner of bottled and filtered waters from the most expensive to the filtered tap water from the machine around the corner that dispenses a gallon of filtered tap water for 25 cents.

When the results were tabulated, more people preferred the filtered tap water overwhelmingly.

As for who is paranoid or worried - we are in our own section of the forum having our own discussion. You came over from D* land to try to defend D* in the E* threads.

Go drink your own koolaid and leave ours alone.

The Echostar fans forget that with the new satellites DIRECTV will have far greater capacity and will be able to increase the resolution and bit rate on HD channels.
Please cite the source with D* saying they will increase PQ. Sources I have seen and everyone else indicate that they believe their PQ is the best and has no problems. They are still in denial.

The Echostar fans forget that with the new satellites DIRECTV will have far greater capacity and will be able to increase the resolution and bit rate on HD channels.

D* and only D* knows what resolution and bit rate they will provide on HD channels in the future. They may have the capacity for more channels but, that doesn't tell us what the picture quality will be. I read somewhere that Rômulo Pontual, the Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer of DirecTV stated "We spend a huge amount of resources to optimize our transmission and the configuration we have today is the configuration that is the best video quality for the consumer, I don't want to tell you how, because it is a trade secret. Consumers should judge by the video quality.", . Hopefully, they WILL up the ante and improve HD picture quality above what it is today. This will force other providers to compete. Competition is a good thing and will benefit the consumer. People can speculate all they want but, unless they work for D* and are privy to inside information, they don't know the facts about what D* will or won't do. It is naive of people to believe everything they read in satellite blogs and forums like this one.

A doubleblind taste test of water was conducted in LA to see which water more people preferred. There was all manner of bottled and filtered waters from the most expensive to the filtered tap water from the machine around the corner that dispenses a gallon of filtered tap water for 25 cents.

When the results were tabulated, more people preferred the filtered tap water overwhelmingly.

As for who is paranoid or worried - we are in our own section of the forum having our own discussion. You came over from D* land to try to defend D* in the E* threads.

Go drink your own koolaid and leave ours alone.

Thank you... I will take my koolaid...

So how much is this going to cost you dtv viewers out of your wallets? for the full 100 channels??

Yada yada yada! Can't wait to see the new directv ads! I am sure they will be awsome!

On location: Here's a preview of their next TV spot. :D

NightRyder

Attachments

• cow_in_manure.jpg
    cow_in_manure.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 122
What RealityCheck keeps refusing to understand is that we are all looking at this as a good thing. I am pretty confident that E* will add these same channels that actually get released. If they don't, I can assure you I won't be upset I would just switch providers. Why is it that people seem to get so emotionally attached to their TV provider. It's just TV people! Simmer down!

What RealityCheck keeps refusing to understand is that we are all looking at this as a good thing. I am pretty confident that E* will add these same channels that actually get released. If they don't, I can assure you I won't be upset I would just switch providers. Why is it that people seem to get so emotionally attached to their TV provider. It's just TV people! Simmer down!

Who's upset? I'm just having fun with the troll. :)

NightRyder

I do believe Some are hoping it happens, and some unfortunately are hoping it doesn't. And I also don't believe that Charlie will rush to add 40 or so more HD channels. That is not like him se all!

...Want facts. More people chose D* over E* therefore America says D* is better than E*...

Well looks like dish neted 310,000 last quarter while DirecTV only neted 235,000. Thats quite a bit more don't you think. Additionally Dish has netted more for the last few quarters repeatedly. DirecTV may have been the sat provider of choice in the past but today I think Echostar has the better product but thats my opinion.

My best friend switched to DirecTV from Dish due to a Customer Service argument but he is switching back due to PQ. Sports do not matter to me or him so that side of the argument is irrelevant for us.

Share a another little story. I work for a ISP that provides High Speed Internet for Multi Dwelling units. We work with many Private Cable Operators and most of them are just channelizing DirecTV and Dish in there headends. I decided to call a few of the plant and Head End designers and ask who they prefer for PQ, equipment, overall experience because I wanted to get rid of my Crapcast. Hands down I heard Dish unless I wanted extra sports. One of them I talked with was even exclusively using DirecTV and they still said the same as the others. My point is if you want the best right now minus sports then you cant beat Dish.

Also I have 1 dish a 1000.2 and I have locals :p

Corey

Ability and practice are two different things. I'm hoping that they use this opportunity to "raise the bar" as far as industry standards goes. As it is, they are clinging tightly to the minimum standard for 1080i and using it to dismiss customers who want better.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)