Swanni says Direct WILL have 100 HD channels by years end.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Wow. The thread was titled Directv Will have a 100 HD channels by years end.

And because it someone mMISLED everyone and stuck it in the E* side that makes it right?

Cmon did you bump your head?

As for making empty promises look no further than the knee jerk ramblings form the head of E* lately. Promising band with and satelittes and blah blah blah.

But where is the sabre rattling over those promises. Oh its E* it must be true!

So instead of questioning this suprise capacity the sheep line up and say things like..oh all the signs were there all along...we shoulda known that E* was going to do be able to do this.

However, when D* has a plan for years, doesnt deviate from the plan and the only thing that is holding them back is the failure of there being enough HD content out there then we get all pissy.

Should D* have said we will have the capacity to have as much HD as there is available? Should D* have said we will have so much capacity that I wouldnt be suprised if E* begs us to sublet them space on sats?

I said it once and will say it again...go to your voom.

Wow. The thread was titled Directv Will have a 100 HD channels by years end.

And because it someone mMISLED everyone and stuck it in the E* side that makes it right?

Cmon did you bump your head?

As for making empty promises look no further than the knee jerk ramblings form the head of E* lately. Promising band with and satelittes and blah blah blah.

Hey, the OP mentions Dish. I assume he put it where he wanted to.

And believe me, there's plenty of skepticism here over E*'s satellite plans too. :)

Watching FCC docs one can see Dish has a bunch of satellites under construction, and authorizations for many locations and frequencies. The main "surprise" of the statement was that 2 satellites will go up this year to their previously authorized slots and they will provide a new service from them. Until the announcement there was no idication of when the satellites would go up (except the must be in service by times in the frequency grants) and what they would be used for.

Now it is pretty much the same vaporware from both companies until they get their satellites up and operational. They both have the satellites built and scheduled for launch. One hopes the launches are all successful and the satellites work like they are supposed to do.

How each company uses their bandwidth will be the part we have to wait and see about.

I speculate that:
86.5 SAT-LOA-20030609-00112 call sign S2454
96.5 SAT-LOA-20030605-00109 call sign S2453

are the 2 satellites Dish is talking about, they have not released any details. Service from both these slots could be done on a dish500 type dish.

Close but no cigar. Not even close to peoples attacks on D* announcement.
Why - because the D* stuff is vaporware until there's a channel to watch sent down from a D* satellite. The E* stuff would be vaporware, if they chose to advertise projected national HD capacity for the next two years, but without delivering squat.

D* is bringing it on themselves. They boast and boast and boast and never deliver. Just like the we'll have X amount of hd locals by the end of 2006, blah.

Whats funny is the D* guys love to brag about what the bird thats still sitting on the ground is GOING to do. Then you bring up the two announced by E* and they ignore it.

I guess when you're a D* sub and have had to much koolaid, you begin to believe the hype about something that hasnt even happened yet. You also begin to feel that everyone else's plans are speculation. Or maybe its just a little man complex since they cant even get NatGeo fulltime and Comcast is getting ready to even have more HD channels than D*.

Truth: While D* continues to boast, E* is quiet and adding HD channels. We'll get up to 6 more nationals by years end which is fine by me. There is not more than 6 announced by end of 2007 that I want anyways, but hey, you'll have WeatherHD before its actually HD, woohoo. Then, 1st qtr of 2007 E*'s capacity will be back up and they'll be adding more.

It's obvious that there are a few people here who offer nothing to these forums other than to stir the pot and keep it churned. I'm amazed that some continue to argue with these misinformed people.

Let's see how much you all cry when they have more than DOUBLE your selection. And NO va va VOOM. Sux to have to read about all the channels Directv is signing up doesn't it? And it seems like Every week more formal carrying announcements are being made. Its time for you all to accept what is coming down within 90 days. All your spin, all your name calling will be over I'm afraid.

Anyone remember what those Charlie Brown teachers sounded like?

Lets see, one area where D* didnt deliver, adding the hd locals they announced by years end. Oh, I forgot they had trouble getting mpeg4 hardware.

We need to find these boys some more members for the D* forum, there must not be enough going on over there.

Watching FCC docs one can see Dish has a bunch of satellites under construction, and authorizations for many locations and frequencies. The main "surprise" of the statement was that 2 satellites will go up this year to their previously authorized slots and they will provide a new service from them. Until the announcement there was no idication of when the satellites would go up (except the must be in service by times in the frequency grants) and what they would be used for.

Now it is pretty much the same vaporware from both companies until they get their satellites up and operational. They both have the satellites built and scheduled for launch. One hopes the launches are all successful and the satellites work like they are supposed to do.

How each company uses their bandwidth will be the part we have to wait and see about.

I speculate that:
86.5 SAT-LOA-20030609-00112 call sign S2454
96.5 SAT-LOA-20030605-00109 call sign S2453

are the 2 satellites Dish is talking about, they have not released any details. Service from both these slots could be done on a dish500 type dish.

Mike I agree with you whole heartedly. Both companies are striving to add bandwith for HD.

Im just sick of watching the E* fanboys wack away..........at D*.

You can only read so much D* this and D* that with very little fact without standing up and shouting hey the emperor has no clothes.

E* has plans and D* actually has the satellites built and ready to launch.

Somehow the E* fanboys take the E* notices for gospel while the D* sats are on the launching pad and those sats are false promises.

If the argument here is the use of the word 100 thats dumb. D* will have the capacity to handle so much bandwith the stations cant keep up and somehow thats D*s fault.

Lets see, one area where D* didnt deliver, adding the hd locals they announced by years end. Oh, I forgot they had trouble getting mpeg4 hardware.

We need to find these boys some more members for the D* forum, there must not be enough going on over there.

huh? I think trashing D* in an E* forum is more of a barometer of whats happening at E*.

Ive had 4 bloody marys at lunch ...(I love Stephanies on Newbury St.) and can still out think the mis informed E* bunch here.

Last edited:

Your ignorance is now very apparent. I would venture to say that even the most die-hard DISH fan will agree that Directv has done a far better job with HD locals. Lit a new market today BTW.

DISH is much further behind their lil launch plans.

Time for the shovels. :D

NightRyder

Attachments

• shovels.jpg
    shovels.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 85
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)