Sweet TIVO Justice

Sticking it to Tivo is sweet justice. But.... if MS wins, what will prevent MS from coming at Dish and everyone else with precedent in hand? I just skimmed the patents, but it looks like there would certainly be enough to make an argument.

So maybe Dish and DirecTv would join TIVO in its defense against MS?

I notice the sun darkening. Swarms of locusts appear to be heading this way. And why is fire raining from the sky? Who are those 4 guys on horseback, anyway? ;)

I cannot believe that the concept of selecting something in a guide to bring up information or optional recording of it had not been thought of before these patents.
I can think of at least two instances of prior art with respect to the grid and selecting channels to watch. One is the software that came with my old ATI analog TV card. I'm not sure where Microsoft stumbled over their patent as they may have acquired the patent that covered the examples I'm thinking of. In later years, I haven't seen a digital converter that doesn't use a grid.

The other side of the coin is that they've waited so long to pursue defending the patent while pretty much everyone has been using what I understand to be disputed.

Picking a fight with Microsoft and AT&T is a particularly dumb thing to do. I hope they get their ass handed to them on a silver platter with a side of fries.
On the other hand, if you don't make some modest effort to protect what is yours, you'll lose it. I'm guessing that at least filing a lawsuit helps towards that end.

I notice the sun darkening. Swarms of locusts appear to be heading this way. And why is fire raining from the sky? Who are those 4 guys on horseback, anyway? ;)

Conquest may know the answer to the question. :) Cause w/ MS they sure know what War is all about. :rant: So Famine will likely hit TIVO :hungry:then to be followed by Death.:eek: Sorry I couldn't resist playing w/ the smilies. :facepalm

:D gatesofborg.jpg

One has to realize that Microsoft probably has the most software based technology patents in the world.
No. This would be IBM by far. Microsoft isn't even close to IBM in this regard however it's still a very formidable company in terms of trying to take on in a patent lawsuit. My money would be on MS.