Switch Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Keystone7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 17, 2009
North Indiana
Hello, some help would be great! Here is what I am trying to do.

I have a BUD with a dual LNBF that has two coax lines coming back to the house.

I have a Ku dual LNBF that also has two coax lines coming back to the house.

I have a single coax line just for the H&H Motor for the Ku.

Now, that is five coax runs to the house.

I want to use four satellite boxes through out the house that will get both C & Ku on each box. What you you suggest to get this job done with what type of switches? I can't get the C-Band signal through the 4x4 switch. The Ku works great. Maybe I have been looking at this the wrong way. Then, maybe I am reading to much into all this. I need some advice! Thanks!

Seems the only thing that could make it complex is the Ku on the motor. Think the Ku will have to be run by only one receiver. Receiver --> motor --> 4x4 sw. The others straight to the sw.
As far as the C band not getting thru the sw, but the Ku is OK. did you try reversing the C and Ku connections. (May be a bad sw, check for 13 and 18v on its LNB connections) Also, check the LNBF for proper operation on both outputs.

Thanks FaT Air, for your information
Seems the only thing that could make it complex is the Ku on the motor. Think the Ku will have to be run by only one receiver. Receiver --> motor --> 4x4 sw. The others straight to the sw.
As far as the C band not getting thru the sw, but the Ku is OK. did you try reversing the C and Ku connections. (May be a bad sw, check for 13 and 18v on its LNB connections) Also, check the LNBF for proper operation on both outputs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)