Status
Please reply by conversation.

westcoaster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 27, 2009
sechelt b.c. canada
Hi everyone
A am having trouble with some switches. I have an ecoda 22khz switch then I have two
Ecoda diseqc switches off of that.. I added a new dish and moved some around on the disqc switches. Now the problem is the switches will not stay set were I want them to. But if I return them to where I had them before I moved them then thy work. I did a factory reset but same problem. It seems like the memory is in the switch its self. I now that both switchs are work as I get siganel from sats on both of the diseqc switches.is there someway to rest the switches? I am using a viewsat etreme receiver.
[FONT=&quot]Any ideas? Thanks[/FONT]

Switches have no memory. They don't need reset. When you move dishes around, you need to change the DiSEqC and 22khz settings for those satellites in your recelver.
Are all of your LNBFs standard? (LO 10750)

You could help us to help you by giving some more info.

Yes 6 standard linear and two circular . It just seems weird.
I added one new dish moved some sats to different ports and they will not stay
Were I put them. They will go back to their origanel starting point. An exsample is I had galaxy 18 on port 4 22khz off moved to port 4 (differant diseqc switch) 22khz on and it will not work until I turn off the 22khz and so on for most of them.
[FONT=&quot]I tried with a second receiver that I did a factory rest to and it does the same thing will only work when sats are hooked up to ports that they were originaly set to. It, s like it’s in the switch. Two different receivers same result. I have ordered new ones. will see what happens. [/FONT]

I am also having switch problems with a Viewsat. Cant get the viewsat to recognize the SW21 switch or even a 22KHz switch that comes after or before the Disecq switch, no matter what set up configurations I input into it.
Seems Viewsats are a freindly receiver, but not when it comes to switches!

May I ask what your settings were in the Viewsat when your switches were working?

Hi giovanni1
I have a 22khz swithch then I have two diseqc switches.one on eather side of the 22khz switch. 4 on each diseqc switch. work great for a year then added a new dish and move a few a that’s when my problems started. Worked great for ayear before this.
Have been out of town and have not had time to deal with this.
Ordered some new switches .

I have pretty much abandoned my multi-dish setup and opted to stick with the motorized dish, thus elliminating most of my needs for any fancy switch matrices.

I didn't think that I would prefer a motorized dish, but when I got further along in this hobby, I found that it was almost a necessity to have a motorized dish and thus, the switches went out like the DoDo bird (almost).

I still utilize switches in my system, but I am trying to simplify them and reduce them as much as possible.

My motor handles most of this nowadays, and only a simple switch for one LNBF is required.

I think that I would be researching the Ecoda Multi-Switches for a multi-dish, fixed dish setup if I were to go that route again. I have experimented with SW21's and DiSEqc 4x1'S mostly and I can make them work together, but I have read many recommendations leading me towards the multi-switches.

I think that a motorized system is the way to go, however. If you can swing it. LOL, I didn't mean that to be a pun! :)

RADAR

If the 22k swicth is an ecoda it should work...does the 22k work with say 2 LNB's? possible bad switch

Hi everyone
A am having trouble with some switches. I have an ecoda 22khz switch then I have two
Ecoda diseqc switches off of that.. I added a new dish and moved some around on the disqc switches. Now the problem is the switches will not stay set were I want them to. But if I return them to where I had them before I moved them then thy work. I did a factory reset but same problem. It seems like the memory is in the switch its self. I now that both switchs are work as I get siganel from sats on both of the diseqc switches.is there someway to rest the switches? I am using a viewsat etreme receiver.
[FONT=&quot]Any ideas? Thanks[/FONT]

Yes 6 standard linear and two circular . It just seems weird.
I added one new dish moved some sats to different ports and they will not stay
Were I put them. They will go back to their origanel starting point. An exsample is I had galaxy 18 on port 4 22khz off moved to port 4 (differant diseqc switch) 22khz on and it will not work until I turn off the 22khz and so on for most of them.
[FONT=&quot]I tried with a second receiver that I did a factory rest to and it does the same thing will only work when sats are hooked up to ports that they were originaly set to. It, s like it’s in the switch. Two different receivers same result. I have ordered new ones. will see what happens. [/FONT]

Hi giovanni1
I have a 22khz swithch then I have two diseqc switches.one on eather side of the 22khz switch. 4 on each diseqc switch. work great for a year then added a new dish and move a few a that’s when my problems started. Worked great for ayear before this.
Have been out of town and have not had time to deal with this.
Ordered some new switches .

Westcoaster,

Before you install any new switches or move your existing switches around further, try running a cable directly from the receiver to each LNBF (one LNBF at a time). Do not change the switch assignments in your menus when you do this, that will not be necessary. If you have any LNBFs that require an external switch to operate one side of the LNBF or the other (V or H) then you will simply connect the cable directly to one side of the LNBF or the other and test only that polarity signal.

Make sure that you always turn your receiver OFF before disconnecting or reconnecting the cables.

This will allow you to fully evaluate every LNBF and dish alignment without the switches in place.

The next step, install your 22 KHz switch to connect two sats (LNBFs) and set the switch parameters in the menus up to test just these two sats. If that switch operates well and switching back and forth between the two sats with this switch is repeatable, then you can mark that switch as GOOD and remove it from the system and proceed to test the other switches in a similar manner.

When you test the DiSEqC 4X1 switches, use one sat (one LNBF) and connect it to port #1, select that port assignment in the menus and test that port. Record your signal and quality levels displayed. Then move the cable to port #2 and change the port assignment in the menu to port 2 and test it and so on. If all ports work and provide the same signal level and quality, then you should connect four LNBFs to that switch and verify that you can switch back and forth between each of them without any errors. If all works out, you can mark that DiSEqC switch as good and test the other one in the same method.

This way, you can verify each LNBF and each sat alignment and the operation of each switch port individually. This will assure you that the equipment is all operating properly and clear up any doubts or confirm if you have anything defective or not up to snuff.

Then you can proceed to connecting the switch array back as you intended it to be set up and set the switch parameters in your menus to match how you have hardwired the switches and LNBFs.

If it won't function properly then, you at least know that everything external is in good shape.

RADAR

AcWxRadar
Thanks for taking the time to make this trouble shooting guide for me. Greatly appreciated. Very well done. The weather is not very good here for a few days but I will do this soon and let you now what happens .thanks again

Thanks for every ones help with this.

[FONT=&quot]Thanks for everyone’s help. One switch was not working and one dish was on to long a run. My hobo TV is back up. Thanks again.[/FONT]

Very awesome, Westcoaster! :)

By the way, if you need a longer cable run for that one dish, try installing RG-11 cable for it. This will allow you to go much further with your cable to the dish. I had to do that here at my site so that I could set my motorized dish to avoid some trees that were blocking my signal. I measured the total cable length when I did so, but do not recall precisely how long it is now. It is somewhere close to 290 feet or better.

It works very good. There is no degradation in the signal quality, although I can measure a drop in the signal level (current).

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts