Status
Please reply by conversation.

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
I have a two seperate dishes going through a Diseqc switch and I am wanting to set up another two dishes w/ diseqc switch or a combo (SC dish) w/ it built in, to tie in as well. Instead of unpluging one cable and pluging in the other, is there a A/B like switch that would pass power and the freq. through?

Is the existing switch a 2x1?

If its a 4x1 you can add 2 more satellites

port 1 is existing dish 1
port 2 is existing dish 2
port 3 is new dish
port 4 is SC dish (22k on is one side of LNB, 22k off is the other)

You can mix & match 22k switches & diseqc switches without issues...but you canyt have 2 of the same (there is a way to do 2 diseqc switches but the reciever has to be able to distinguish them)

4x1, I use 1 on vertical side of IA5 ku, 2 for vertical side of G10R ku, 3 for horizontial on G10R ku, and 4 on horizontial side IA 5 ku. I do have one Primestar lnb with the one output instead of the two. could that be of some use in this case?

oh ok...forgot you had the dual output primestar dishes

couple options
-you can use the single output LNB instead of the 2 ports
-get a couple 2x4 multiswitches or a 4x4 multiswitch. These are the same DirecTV ones. This allows you to combine the V & H polarities into one. The 4x4 would work basically the same as your StarChoice dish (with the 22k built in)

For the 2x4 multisiwtch

V side of LNB----multiswitch
H side of LNB----multisiwtch

output of multiswitch to Diseqc switch

(if you see a 3x4, that will work too...the 3rd is for a antenna)
Here is a picture (courtesy of Sadoun)
http://sadoun.com/Sat/Products/S/S-SM24-2x4-multi-switch.htm

I have a few 3x4's here. so by installing one on each dish, then I could actually install two more seperate dishes with the two outputs through the switch and have four or leave off the side I don't want and have up to eight?

Last edited:
cablewithaview said:
I have a few 3x4's here. so by installing one on each dish, then I could actually install two more seperate dishes with the two outputs through the switch and have four or leave off the side I don't want and have up to eight?

correct

run both lines from each LNB to the 3x4 switch (do this for each dish with the separate LNB's) and hook the output of the multisiwtch into one of the inputs on the Diseqc (make sure to turn off the reicever via switch on back when adding/removing stuff of switches)

If all you want is one polarity, you could run 2 LNB's into 1 switch. That is how I have the nets on G4 C-Band and the stuff on G10 KU mixed (no diseqc needed)

line from C-band LNB to H side of multiswitch
line from KU band LNB to V side of multiswitch
run outputs to reciever

So when I select a V polarity, it ALWAYS goes to the KU dish and when I select a H polarity, it goes to C-band...works pretty good :)

cablewithaview said:
I guess I would have to make sure not to run across the same freq. through the MS?

what do you mean? All the multiswitch does is when you select a V transponder, it goes up the multisiwtch and out the 13v side...same for H transponder (goes up 18v side)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)