Switching fiasco!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lgb0250

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
I'm a former customer of D* and had decided to switch back from E* because of the better HD content. The only reason I originally left was because D* couldn't move me for 30 days when we moved into our new house.

Called Monday and ordered 2 - HD DVR and 2 SD receivers. Installation was scheduled for 4/5/08 between 8-12.

The next day I realized that I had forgot to order an RF remote with the installation. Called back and was transferred three times and finally told that I couldn't add this until my account was active again which would be once installation was completed. Kind of shook my head and just let it go.

On Wednesday I checked my online account for "Pending Orders" and saw two orders. One for installation on 4/6 for one HD DVR and one on 4/9 for the remaining equipment. Called D* back and was assured that the installation was actually on Saturday, 4/5 and that they had made an annotation on the order to also combine it with what was scheduled for 4/9 and complete both on 4/5.

Checked my online account again this morning and saw that the order for 4/6 was gone and only the one for 4/9 remained. Called D* and got the most uninformed CSR that I had ever talked to. She first told me that I was never scheduled for 4/5 installation and the reason the 4/6 appointment had been cancelled was because I was a returning customer and already had one HD DVR. When I told her this was wrong she said that's why D* sends out confirmation emails on pending installations. I told her I never received an email and she immediately told me to check my junk mail folder. I told her I check it numerous times daily and it was never sent. She said that couldn't be because they were sent out automatically and everyone gets one. I just couldn't believe she wanted to argue about this. At this point I just told her I wanted my original installation date honored with the correct equipment that I had ordered. She said she couldn't give me an installation date if there were no slots open. She would have to cancel someone else. When I said that's what it looked like they had done to me, she immediately went back to the "you were never scheduled for 4/5" reasoning.

To make a long story short I told her if she couldn't get me installed, as promised on 4/5 to cancel the order. Needless to say the order has been cancelled. After this I noticed that they had me set up for autopay. I told her that if I should decide to return at a later date I didn't want autopay. She said I would have to change that at that time, not now. Again, I just let it go.

I may decide to come back to D* at a future date but I'll try my best to get a CSR that has a clue.

hehe - I may have just dealt with the same CSR today. I'm also a former D* customer who left in 06 to go to E*, and now am looking at going back. Called to find out what types of offers I'd be eligible for, since I've been gone for 2 yrs, and got great agent who wasn't in sales, who then transferred me to a retention CSR who had no interest in trying to help me at all, and just kept repeating they had no current offers, and I should go buy the equipment at retail or use my old receivers...um, ok, I'll call back. :rolleyes:

Got my Direct installed yesterday. Still have Dish. My install went smoothly after trying to get a installer to my house on four different occasions since January. Well worth the wait. I am still looking forward to Dish adding hd. That was not the MAIN reason for the addition. I will say that both satellite companys have pluses and minuses. If these two companys were to merge. Look out tv provider world!!!

Well, after calming down for a few hours I called them back and placed a new order. Figured since I had already ordered a Seagate External HD I might as well follow through on this.

Spoke with a person named Chamberlain in the Win Back Dept. Got the $18 mo off for a year. Also got the $100 instant rebate on the HD DVR and had them waive the $19.95 handling fee.

This is the same deal I had earlier. This time when I checked the order online the installation date is the one i requested. The only problem or potential problem is I don't see the 2nd HD DVR. When I asked Chamberlain about this he said they couldn't put two of them on the installation order but it would be added to the work order?? After this I made sure I got the installers name and phone number. I will definitely give them a call a few days prior to installation.

Here's hoping.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)