Status
Please reply by conversation.

TimLones111

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Canton, Ohio
Hello:
I've had the same setup since beginning in FTA last year-Fortec Star Dynamic Reciever with Fortec 36" dish and Sadoun DG 280 Motor. My question is, would I be able to switch out a Ku Univeral LNB for a C-Band LNB by just taking one off and putting the other on?...And assuming it is connected correctly, would i get anything on C-Band at all with this setup?

I say the answer is, "sort of"

There are numerous threads about mini BUDs. search to see... A 36 " dish is on the small side of the mini BUD catagory.

A C-band LNB is much larger. So, you will have to buy or make a suitable holder. For an offset dish, you need a conical scalar ring too.

You can get strong transponders with mini BUDs, but at best they are experimental.

I tried C-band with a one meter dish. It was fun to play with, but for watching TV it was kind of disappointing. Many of the TP's would not come in. Whether a mini BUD is good for you depends on your goals...

Do you have another dish for Ku and just want a separate dish for C? Because you could always go with the BSC621-2 for both C and Ku. I purchased one of these and they work great.

Hello:
I've had the same setup since beginning in FTA last year-Fortec Star Dynamic Reciever with Fortec 36" dish and Sadoun DG 280 Motor. My question is, would I be able to switch out a Ku Univeral LNB for a C-Band LNB by just taking one off and putting the other on?...And assuming it is connected correctly, would i get anything on C-Band at all with this setup?

Check this out: http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/175747-c-band-90cm-dish-worth-story-pics.html

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts