Switching Ku for C Band

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TimLones111

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Canton, Ohio
Hello:
I've had the same setup since beginning in FTA last year-Fortec Star Dynamic Reciever with Fortec 36" dish and Sadoun DG 280 Motor. My question is, would I be able to switch out a Ku Univeral LNB for a C-Band LNB by just taking one off and putting the other on?...And assuming it is connected correctly, would i get anything on C-Band at all with this setup?

I say the answer is, "sort of"

There are numerous threads about mini BUDs. search to see... A 36 " dish is on the small side of the mini BUD catagory.

A C-band LNB is much larger. So, you will have to buy or make a suitable holder. For an offset dish, you need a conical scalar ring too.

You can get strong transponders with mini BUDs, but at best they are experimental.

I tried C-band with a one meter dish. It was fun to play with, but for watching TV it was kind of disappointing. Many of the TP's would not come in. Whether a mini BUD is good for you depends on your goals...

Do you have another dish for Ku and just want a separate dish for C? Because you could always go with the BSC621-2 for both C and Ku. I purchased one of these and they work great.

Hello:
I've had the same setup since beginning in FTA last year-Fortec Star Dynamic Reciever with Fortec 36" dish and Sadoun DG 280 Motor. My question is, would I be able to switch out a Ku Univeral LNB for a C-Band LNB by just taking one off and putting the other on?...And assuming it is connected correctly, would i get anything on C-Band at all with this setup?

Check this out: http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/175747-c-band-90cm-dish-worth-story-pics.html

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts