T.O. Released??

Agreed. I don't care what people say about TO he wants to win! Dallas better have another stud WR on the radar because more and more this team this off season has made bad choices and let good players go.. Dallas has not won a playoff game since Chan Gailey was coach! The Qb was from Georgia.. Anyone know who?

Well Roy Williams is going to get his shot, I guess

Lack of talent should not be a problem for the Cowboys. Roy Williams was a pro bowler in Detroit, no less. Besides the Cowboys D stunk it up just as much as their offense did. Anyone remember those long TD runs Baltimore had against them?

As I'm sure it is being done in most NFL markets, sports talk radio here in Indy is all a twitter with the "Would TO be a good fit on our team" prattle...:rolleyes:

I can just imagine the interview between TO and Bill Polian, the Colts GM!!!...:eek:

The safety Roy Williams is one of the most overrated DB's in the league. How many Pro Bowls has he made? Whatever it is it's too many cause every time I see him it's when he's chasing some guy to the endzone after he got beat deep again.

For anyone who thinks that getting rid of a player considered to be a "cancer" is going to make Dallas better in the long-term, let me remind you of what the 49ers have become since he left:

In the five seasons following Owens' departure from the 49ers, they have won 25 games total.

Also, IIRC, I know this is all about improving team chemistry in the locker room. Remember when Herman Edwards said, "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!"

I can't imagine anyone saying, "You play to develop good chemistry."

For everyone who thinks that getting rid of a locker room malcontent will make things better, there is also the other side- that a team could be more concerened with locker-room happiness than on-the-field suckiness.

I'm not a TO fan, but I feel that every case deserves a point/counterpoint

I agree completely, there are things bigger than chemistry, and that's an overabundance of talent. Not having chemistry though is like taking the field 1-2 people down, things just don't work.

Though for some teams, it would take a lot more than chemistry with their current level of talent.

For anyone who thinks that getting rid of a player considered to be a "cancer" is going to make Dallas better in the long-term, let me remind you of what the 49ers have become since he left:

In the five seasons following Owens' departure from the 49ers, they have won 25 games total.

Also, IIRC, I know this is all about improving team chemistry in the locker room. Remember when Herman Edwards said, "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!"

For everyone who thinks that getting rid of a locker room malcontent will make things better, there is also the other side- that a team could be more concerened with locker-room happiness than on-the-field suckiness.

The 49ers comparison is not appropriate. They are the worst run team in the NFL besides Oakland and Detroit. I agree that getting rid of TO doesn't solve all their problems, hence my comment on their defense and they have no one to blame but themselves for signing him in the first place. But sometimes you have to cut bait and TO is a loser plain and simple, a total prima donna franchise killer. Dallas made the right move here although the better move would have been to never have signed TO in the first place.

:up:up:up:up:up:up

I agree completely, there are things bigger than chemistry, and that's an overabundance of talent. Not having chemistry though is like taking the field 1-2 people down, things just don't work.

Though for some teams, it would take a lot more than chemistry with their current level of talent.

:up:up

Funny Things caught on tape.

Buffalo Bills sign Terrell Owens- I am NOT making this up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)