tablets

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kozmo104

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
Flint Michigan area
My wife and I are looking to get into a tablet. We would like to get one that has a usb connections on it. I don't know if they make them or if they are widely available or what ? It would also be nice if we could connect a printer to it to print. But is that even possable ? What would you guys recommend we look into ?

We have or have had an Ipad, kindle fire hd and HDX, a nexus 7, and a Dell venue 8 pro.

My personal preference by far is the Dell. You should be able to wireless connect a printer (that has the capability) to most of these.

I too prefer the Dell. I haven't touched my other tablets since getting the Venue 8 Pro. It and my Galaxy Note 2 give me everything I want. It's nice having a full windows 8.1 version on the Dell along with microsd card for additional storage. The price is hard to beat for the features on the Dell.

Out of 3...Ipad2,Kindle Fire HD,and Samsung Galaxy tab 3,the Sammy is by far my favorite.

Ok thank you. We are bwt the ipad,dell, & the insignia. Has any body head or have feed back on the insignia?

Is the insignia android?

To clarify the dell I'm referencing is the pro model which is full windows 8.1. there is also an android version.

Were I getting an android tablet the nexus line is probably the route I would go. Price is comparable to the insignia and if I looked at the right one you will have more power with a nexus. Plus the latest version of android.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Were I getting an android tablet the nexus line is probably the route I would go. Price is comparable to the insignia and if I looked at the right one you will have more power with a nexus. Plus the latest version of android.

Which nexus are u referring to?

Looking at the insignia, for the price, never having used one, seems ok.

I wouldn't plan on getting much above android 4.1 or 4.2. Just because it's an off brand.

For most that won't matter. If price is you main concern, it should do you fine.

I'd still go with the dell venue pro or a smaller nexus, even giving up screen size.

I have an Asus Transformer Infinity tablet. You need the keyboard dock in order to have a USB port, but I've never tried connecting my HP Laserjet directly to it. I'm guessing it would work but it is much easier to access the printer, which is networked, using HP ePrint via a Wi-Fi connection to the network. This can be done with just the tablet w/o having the keyboard connected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)