Tailgating setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There really is no way to "set" the azimuth. The dish needs to be swept left to right until it gets a lock on the satellite.

Why start much farther than you would surmise the location is ?
Because it does not matter. It probably takes an extra second or two to "travel" 20 or 30 degrees either way. As long as you know where the general direction is, that's all it matters. Being precise only matters when looking for line of sight.

Because it does not matter. It probably takes an extra second or two to "travel" 20 or 30 degrees either way. As long as you know where the general direction is, that's all it matters. Being precise only matters when looking for line of sight.
I always tell people that that number is for a starting point anyways. A lot has to do with how accurately the person has the set up lined up in the first place.

Well I cannot get a single satellite transponder to come up. I just get all zeros. And i have the dish fairly close to where it needs to be. On the signal page it just shows all zeros.
Not sure how to proceed. When sweeping the dish left or right, how quickly should those numbers change from zero?

Well I cannot get a single satellite transponder to come up. I just get all zeros. And i have the dish fairly close to where it needs to be. On the signal page it just shows all zeros.
Not sure how to proceed. When sweeping the dish left or right, how quickly should those numbers change from zero?
First, you need to move very slowly, the Tilt and Elevation have to be correct as well.

The set up has to be Exact, you can't be Close.
The Sats your trying to point at are 23,000 miles away, a slight movement here is Major out there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts