Taking my satellite while travelling

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well I went into settings and told it to show all channels rather than show HD channels. The locals do not show duplicate listings still. Have I got to do something else for the local SD channels to show? I am still getting searching for satellite on any local channel.

What recvr are you using ?

They aren't. When I go to any of the ones listed in the guide, they all show HD in the top left corner and give me a 771 error. Also, with the receiver set like it is, all other channels are showing the SD duplicates EXCEPT for locals.

Let me ask you this: If I got a switch like I have on the side of my house at home, could I then hook the slimline and an 18" oval up, change the satellitel setup in the setup menu from slimline to whatever, and then use the 18" oval for locals? That dish pointed in a completely different direction than the slimline. Would that work and if so, what switch do i need that isn't overkill for 1 TV and where do I get it for the best price?

Thanks!

They aren't. When I go to any of the ones listed in the guide, they all show HD in the top left corner and give me a 771 error. Also, with the receiver set like it is, all other channels are showing the SD duplicates EXCEPT for locals.

Let me ask you this: If I got a switch like I have on the side of my house at home, could I then hook the slimline and an 18" oval up, change the satellitel setup in the setup menu from slimline to whatever, and then use the 18" oval for locals? That dish pointed in a completely different direction than the slimline. Would that work and if so, what switch do i need that isn't overkill for 1 TV and where do I get it for the best price?

Thanks!

The other Sat you were pointing at is the 72* Sat, I don't think they are there anymore, I believe all the locals (your) are moved off of it and over to the 99, 101 and 103, so you should be good with what you have there already.

Well poop. If they aren't showing in the guide, is there something else I need to change in setup or do i need to "dither" whatever that means? Or, do i need to try to tweak the 99/103 a little higher by maybe change tilt?

I really apprecaite all of your continued help!

Well poop. If they aren't showing in the guide, is there something else I need to change in setup or do i need to "dither" whatever that means? Or, do i need to try to tweak the 99/103 a little higher by maybe change tilt?

I really apprecaite all of your continued help!

NO, your Signal is fine.

I thought from what the installer told me that the h24-200 WAS HD? Plus it has an HDMI connector. Is it not an HD receiver?

I thought you would have two if you had a DVR and that determined how many BBCs you have since in a DVR there is an additional tuner. Am I wrong?

I thought from what the installer told me that the h24-200 WAS HD? Plus it has an HDMI connector. Is it not an HD receiver?

Yes, it is a HD recvr, but not a DVR.
I should have said Non DVR earlier.
Which btw has nothing to do with DVR or Non dvr.

Alright, so what do you think are my options to get my SD locals to show up. I'm dieing over here!!!!

Is there any chance they aren't pulling in the guide because of my distance from home or should they still show from 150 away?

Status
Please reply by conversation.