Taking my satellite while travelling

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well poop again. In satellite setup, I have the "switch" setting to multi-switch. Is that correct even though I don't have a switch? Is there anything else I need to be looking for in my setup? I have it set for dish type as slimline 3 which is what my installer said I have as my travel dish.

I may have just answered the last question about slimline 3. I guess if it is only showing 99-101-103, that means it is a 3 lnb.

Locals won't come at all. I get Speed HD. Is that a good example to answer your question?

Yes I did do repeat satellite setup. I could do it again I suppose if you think it would help. That was where I confirmed it was still set with my slimline and multi-switch and kept hitting continue.

Yes I did do repeat satellite setup. I could do it again I suppose if you think it would help. That was where I confirmed it was still set with my slimline and multi-switch and kept hitting continue.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt anything, I'm kinda at a loss at this point, your signal is strong enough to get the locals in HD, maybe I'm missing something ...

As for the set up, as long as you have a Slimline and not a SWM, set your options to Multiswitch, normally the SWM set ups detect it and take over the set up.

Uh oh, "I'm kinda at a loss" sounds like you're giving up. Don't give up!!! Never say die. I am guessing you are an installer. Call a comrad and see if they have ideas. I'm gonna re-run setup now. Should I do it with it set first to show all channels or will it not matter?

Uh oh, "I'm kinda at a loss" sounds like you're giving up. Don't give up!!! Never say die. I am guessing you are an installer. Call a comrad and see if they have ideas. I'm gonna re-run setup now. Should I do it with it set first to show all channels or will it not matter?

I'll be here, I'm always here ....

No, I'm not an installer, but have set up plenty.

Any others here that want to hop in, I'm sure they will ...

Well I repeated satellite setup. No go. I then hit the reset button to no avail. Man this blows!!!!

Last edited:
I tried that to no avail.

Last night I was looking at signal meters when telling you what I was getting on the 99 and 103. Since obviously that is an average, I figured it may be helpful to post screen shots of what the strength is for the individual transponders. Look at my attachment to see what you think and if this is why I am getting searching for satellite.

Attachments

• Dish.jpg
    Dish.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 88
See the attachment in my last post that shows the strength for all transponders.

Well crap, that means I was tweaking for the wrong 99 then I gues. Does the S stand for South I take it?

OK, new screen shot attached.

2011-08-13-14.57.21.jpg

Take your dish completely off the mast and make sure the mast is completely level and plumb then peak in the 101 then slowly dither in on it. From there your 99's and 103's will come in. You're not picking up your spot beams my man. Hope that helps. I'll check back and see if you had any luck and give some help if you didn't

The bubble level in the top showed it dead on the money when I mounted it and this is what I have for the 101. Do you think I still need to pull it off the mast to check it or just tweak what I have. See below:
2011-08-13-15.43.43.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)