Team Summit Pics Video and Live Recap!

They will.

There is instructions for how to get reimbursed when you log into DISHREMOTE ACCESS.

Do you have to have a 922 receiver to get reimbursed from Dish for the Slingplayer app? I don't have a 922 (I have a 722 not connected online) and when I go log-on to Dishremote I can't find any instructions on reimbursement. My Slingbox Solo is actually hooked up in a different room to my 501.

I would switch from DirecTV who has DLNA to Dish on June 3 if I knew for sure they were adding DNLA for watching Movies and photos from my media server. My DirecTV contract is up.

Is DNLA on the 922 mentioned in any of there press releases or publications?

Trouble is I had dish years ago, they would say they were adding something to a DVR and years later it would never happen. Remember that old Dish 921?

So my question if its not in the press or docs, for those that were on the floor, what is your gut feeling? Will DLNA be able to do video this summer? Were the excited about DLNA when they mentioned in?

I said in another thread long ago that DLNA on the 922 would put it over the top. However, given the state of the 922 in what I read in the support forum, I would say 9 months to a year would be the time to buy a 922.

Luckily, my Xbox 360 does a great job of streaming my media.

Last edited:
Do you have to have a 922 receiver to get reimbursed from Dish for the Slingplayer app? I don't have a 922 (I have a 722 not connected online) and when I go log-on to Dishremote I can't find any instructions on reimbursement. My Slingbox Solo is actually hooked up in a different room to my 501.
Yes you need a 922 to get the app for free.

I did a little comparing, this new HD for Life VS my HD Absolute.

I get 57 HD channels (counting the 11 Platinum but not counting other Premiums) for $34.99/mo.

This is roughly equivalent to the number of HD channels in AT200 (58 channels) which is $52.99/mo.

So the temptation is now gone for me to even consider changing plans.

Better luck next time Charlie!!

Semper HD Absolute!!

I did a little comparing, this new HD for Life VS my HD Absolute.

I get 57 HD channels (counting the 11 Platinum but not counting other Premiums) for $34.99/mo.

This is roughly equivalent to the number of HD channels in AT200 (58 channels) which is $52.99/mo.

So the temptation is now gone for me to even consider changing plans.

Better luck next time Charlie!!

Semper HD Absolute!!

no doubt.

Heres a hypothetical guess on what DISH will probably do with this FREE HD announcement.Anyone who subscribes to any AT PACKAGE whether it be AT120,AT200 or AT 250 they will get the hd of those particular package for free.I bet they will go back to the Hd platinum for $10 just my guess.

Agreed. Platinum will be the upgrade.

How do the Dish America Packages work? Do you just get the HD channels that correspond with each basic package for that price? For example, in the $29.99 Dish American Package, does that receive the AT120 package's HD channels? The next Dish American Package get the AT200's HD channels?

How do the Dish America Packages work? Do you just get the HD channels that correspond with each basic package for that price? For example, in the $29.99 Dish American Package, does that receive the AT120 package's HD channels? The next Dish American Package get the AT200's HD channels?

Not exactly. The Dish America HD corresponds except for all of the Fox, 4 of the Viacom, MSNBC, and anything added in the last year or so. So Fox News, Fox Business, Speed, and FX are only available in the AT packages. Nick, MTV, VH1, and BET are only in the AT packages. There hasn't been any new HD added to the Dish Americas for over a year so all of the new HD since then is only available in the AT packages.

I have Turbo bronze. A good question is, what is happening to palladia and hd theater for us? We know they aren't adding new channels to our packages and its got nothing to do with carrying sd channels with no hd counterpart (like fox's claims) or we'd get Hallmark and TCM in turbosilver, just to start. We can't even add platinum to these packages which is bunk. What a crock. A good question is can i subscribe now to get top 120 plus HD & plat, then drop the platinum when June 3rd rolls around so it is truly $4 more w/o a crazy new commitment?

I have Turbo bronze. A good question is, what is happening to palladia and hd theater for us? We know they aren't adding new channels to our packages and its got nothing to do with carrying sd channels with no hd counterpart (like fox's claims) or we'd get Hallmark and TCM in turbosilver, just to start. We can't even add platinum to these packages which is bunk. What a crock. A good question is can i subscribe now to get top 120 plus HD & plat, then drop the platinum when June 3rd rolls around so it is truly $4 more w/o a crazy new commitment?

Go ahead and switch to AT120 and see what happens. You can always switch back.

Wind loading BS

I know a few folks who have been testing the mesh dishes, and the signal is just a few points lower then a regular solid DISH.

This mesh is really fine, not like the old mesh satellite dishes where you could almost push a pencil through.

It will help with Wind issues greatly, but should not cause any issues at all with performance.

Mesh dishes make no difference in wind loading. The wind will not blow thru mesh much differently than over a solid dish. The turbulence that the mesh creates makes it no better than the solid. The reason for mesh over solid will have to do with weight and nothing else. In fact I doubt that these are really mesh anyway. Most likely these are what is know as perforated dishes. That way these can be stamped out the same as a solid dish.

A new interface is coming to set top boxes for DISH's VOD stuff! It will make it easier to find what you are looking for.

I wish dish would add wwe on demand and anime on demand like my cable company has but wishful thinking.why doesnt satellite get vod channels like that?:confused:thank you for any replies

Hello All.

Did anyone get their picture taken with Charlie and Jim at the Summit?

If so did you get a framed autographed copy via Fed Ex in the last week or so?

I got one today... Kind of a nice surprise.

Monkey

Here is the Sling Mutliroom Extender for the 922. This will give you TV2 in full HD from the 922.

No price announced and the release date is now "later this year."

SCOTT,HAVE YOU HEARD WHEN THIS IS GOING TO BE OUT AND WHEN AND HOW MUCH ITS GOING TO COST?THANK YOU FOR AND COMMENTS AND HELP.IM GOING TO BUY ONE FOR MY 922 WHEN IT COMES OUT

Really?

Hello All.

Did anyone get their picture taken with Charlie and Jim at the Summit?

If so did you get a framed autographed copy via Fed Ex in the last week or so?

I got one today... Kind of a nice surprise.

Monkey

So nobody but me got a hand signed photo of Charlie and Jim from Team summit?

Wow what did I do to deserve such an honor?

Mike

Been using DISHonline for months.

Most of it is content from HULU but some nice stuff there as well such as movies from EPIX and STARZ. :)

DISHONLINE.COM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)