Team Summit Pics Video and Live Recap!

Scott, do you have any more info on how the PocketDish app will work? Do you have to plug in your iPhone/iPad into the 922 to transfer recordings? Or will it be over wifi/3G? Will you have to be on your home network to transfer?

Also, on the dlna additions, any news on native iTunes integration?

Has there been any talk about apps for Blackberry? I have a Storm2 and Sling doesn't even have a fully functioning version of their mobile app for it.
Slingplayer is available for Blackberry... Its been out for awhile now. (I haven't played with it.)

Scott, do you have any more info on how the PocketDish app will work? Do you have to plug in your iPhone/iPad into the 922 to transfer recordings? Or will it be over wifi/3G? Will you have to be on your home network to transfer?
I am hearing there will be a free app to download which then allows you to connect to your 922 and download content from it.

I have heard that "it works" from someone at DISH, but have not seen it myself yet.

Thats about all I know about it, but again I think it was the most exciting tech announcement coming out of Team Summit.

Here are the terms on the FREE HD FOR LIFE for new customer...

So since we did not have the documentation before when assumptions were made about "all packages", it looks as though Dish Family and Dish America are not included. The image says AT120, AT120 plus, AT200, AT250, DishLATINO Dos, and DishLATINO Max. I am assuming everything pak is also covered since it is the same as AT250 + the premiums.

Bummer, I was hoping to switch to Dish Family or Dish America. I have Absolute, but looking to save a buck.

Bummer, I was hoping to switch to Dish Family or Dish America. I have Absolute, but looking to save a buck.
You won't be able to order DISH Family. And if you have it now and change packages you can not change back to DISh Family as it has been Discontinued.

Here are the terms on the FREE HD FOR LIFE for new customer...

I am wondering if after 2 years from now if you canceled paperless billing if they would start charging you for HD again...

I am wondering what happens in a few months when they decide to rename all of their programming packages and none that are on the list are left!! (Not that they would change names... that could get confusing...) ;)

I am wondering what happens in a few months when they decide to rename all of their programming packages and none that are on the list are left!! (Not that they would change names... that could get confusing...) ;)
Oh come on, Dish NEVER changes their package names! :D :cool: :angel:

Actually, that brings up the possibility that Dish would have a new package in the future that has some desirable channels, but changing to that package causes you to lose your grandfathered "HD For Life" status.

It also allows Dish to add any particularly desirable new HD channel that does not yet exist, to Platinum HD, and in fact, that is exactly what happened with EPIX and EPIX2.

Here is the Sling Mutliroom Extender for the 922. This will give you TV2 in full HD from the 922.

No price announced and the release date is now "later this year."

Is this the only current way to get TV2 in full HD on a Dish receiver ?

I ask, because previously one would just get a second HD DVR for the other room when you bought a second HDTV, but now HDTVs are down to $150, while the additional receiver cost has skyrocketed to $17 per month - so "TV2 in full HD" is now a much bigger issue.

Is this the only current way to get TV2 in full HD on a Dish receiver ?

I ask, because previously one would just get a second HD DVR for the other room when you bought a second HDTV, but now HDTVs are down to $150, while the additional receiver cost has skyrocketed to $17 per month - so "TV2 in full HD" is now a much bigger issue.

Is this a mirror of tuner one, or will that sling tuner two and someone can be in the other room watching something else, to make a true dual tuner?

Also if I am happy with the hd channels in the 250 package I have then my bill will go down by the $10 HD fee that I pay now right?

///M AZING said:
Is this a mirror of tuner one, or will that sling tuner two and someone can be in the other room watching something else, to make a true dual tuner?

Also if I am happy with the hd channels in the 250 package I have then my bill will go down by the $10 HD fee that I pay now right?

It will be side two of the 922 and it will be in full HD. It will make it the only dual tuner that does HD to both tvs.

If you want to lose that $10 fee for HD you will hve to renew a 24 month commitment and sign up for cc autopay. Or you can pay the $99 HD upgrade fee.(it's new)

No I meant DISH Family.

As of June 3rd it will no longer be available to order.

DISH Family : No longer available to purchase.
Customers can keep programming if they already have it. Once they change to
different programming, they cannot go back to DISH Family. $19.99

Remember the mesh SuperDishes they showed at Team Summit years ago? Those never came to market. I think the mesh dishes are interesting as there have not been any DBS mesh dishes come to market yet. It may even weigh less than the solid metal dishes which would help in shipping costs. I would think that they would get damaged easier though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)