Team Summit Pics Video and Live Recap!

Where are you getting that... I am not sure I am following...
Actually, it appears that they are counting six months from the announcement of the equipment price increase, rather than from February 1st, the effective date of the equipment price increase.

Or are you saying that you do not remember "we will not raise programming prices for at least six months" ?

The first photos from Team Summit are coming in now.
Dish has a bunch of mesh Dishes all around this place with a bright DISH HD logo on them. (Nothing says rob my house, I have a nice HDTV better then a Dish Network Dish with a big DISH HD logo on it!)

What makes the dishes interesting is that they are mesh Dishes... (Bye bye wind load problems!)

what is with the mesh dishes for dish?are these new dishes coming out for dish and what are they going to be used for and teh size of the mesh dishes?please more info on the mesh dishes please.thank you for any info on them:)

They signed a deal to launch a new HD channel of movies from Sony, and a 3D channel will be available by the end of the year.

DISH will also offer as much 3D as they can get their hands on.

Any ideas what the new 3d channels will be and how many?ty for any info on this:)

Talking about DISHONLINE beta now.

120,000 video titles available currently on the DISHONLINE Beta. Many available at no cost.

To watch EPIX HD online you will need to do it through DISHonline.

Dish asks everyone to sign up for the beta.

How would i go about watching epix online besides dishremote access?is that what they mean by watching it by dishonline?ty for and info and help

EPIX HD is not there on DISHONLINE.COM yet, but will be this summer.

As far as the mesh dishes go they are the same size as a Dish 1000.2 or DISH 1000.4 but instead of being solid gray, they are black mesh.

Some more pics...

The camera is the camera for the 922. GOD ITS UGLY. It needs to be a slimlined camera which can sit on top of your 922 or on top of your TV, not some big 1997 looking USB camera. This camera will only be good if you can do Skype on your 922.

Attachments

• summit10.jpg
    summit10.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 282
  • summit11.jpg
    summit11.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 341
Are they going to organize the VOD better and improve the content? I've been at friends' houses that have Fios TV and Comcast VOD and the amount of free content they have blows E* away. If I subscribe to the premium channels I should get the ability to download the Pay TV VOD for free.....

I would like to see dish get wwe on demand $7.99 a month on my cable companyThe Best of WWE Action 24/7. Get all the best current and classic wrestling all day, every day, any time you want. Play the legendary matches, rewind the superstars and relive the glory of unforgettable moments On Demand and anime on demand $6.99 with my cable company All Anime, all the time. It’s an entire anime library at your fingertips with new content added weekly. Everything from brand new shows to old school classics, giant robots to magical girls and even dubbed and subtitled programming.Any chances of dish or satellite getting these channels?i hope so

EPIX HD is not there on DISHONLINE.COM yet, but will be this summer.

As far as the mesh dishes go they are the same size as a Dish 1000.2 or DISH 1000.4 but instead of being solid gray, they are black mesh.

Scott,of the dish 1000.2 and dish 1000.4 which do you think would be better to have for programming the solid gray or the black mesh?how much to do the black mesh if i want to get it?thank you for covering the summit and answering these questions and thank you for the people that helped bring it with you.:)

I know a few people who have been testing them, and there is almost no different in the signal levels between the solid and mesh dish. (While I haven't see pictures of it, one tester tells me he has a green mesh dish.)

Some more pics...

The camera is the camera for the 922. GOD ITS UGLY. It needs to be a slimlined camera which can sit on top of your 922 or on top of your TV, not some big 1997 looking USB camera. This camera will only be good if you can do Skype on your 922.

that is one ugly camera and what is that remote going to be used for and what is it good for?thank you for answering the questions:)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Some more pics...

Scott, I think it will be used more for security and monitoring purposes. You can view your home from an iPhone, ipad, or laptop.

I know a few people who have been testing them, and there is almost no different in the signal levels between the solid and mesh dish. (While I haven't see pictures of it, one tester tells me he has a green mesh dish.)

thank you for answering the questions and wow a green mesh dish:eek:i wonder what color green like dark or light or puke green:D:)

Scott, I think it will be used more for security and monitoring purposes. You can view your home from an iPhone, ipad, or laptop.

thank you scott and schermann for answering that on the camera.any idea on what the remote picture scott posted is for?:):up

whitewolf8214 said:
that is one ugly camera and what is that remote going to be used for and what is it good for?thank you for answering the questions:)

The remote is for the 722k & 222k. It's a simple remote with larger buttons for for elderly or technically impared.

Dumb use though, unless you can move the camera and look around the room.

Also scarry to think about the fact that I have a camera setup on my 922 which is looking at me... is someone from DISH connecting and looking in watching me watch TV in my underware?

Uhh no thanks :)

The mesh dish sounds like it'd be perfect for those of us in desert areas with high winds! At the same time, though, I wonder what EXACTLY it will hold-up to wind-wise. What is the "wind-rating" (if there is one)?

Amy

I also hereby predict that the SD duplication of HD nationals on EA will soon disappear. (Note that HD locals are already not duplicated on EA.)

AHHH!!! No! Not until Stretch-o-vision is outlawed upon pain of death! I watch a lot of History Channel and whenever they have stretch-o-vision up-converts!

Dumb use though, unless you can move the camera and look around the room.

Also scarry to think about the fact that I have a camera setup on my 922 which is looking at me... is someone from DISH connecting and looking in watching me watch TV in my underware?

Uhh no thanks :)

Just think of the picture they would use at next Team Summit! :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)