Team Summit Pics Video and Live Recap!

Interesting time to be with dish. The USB slingplayer, how is that going to work? will it be the same thing that is in the 922? We can watch over the internet. Might have to wait to gethe sling pro

I suspect they are talking about this device.

Sling Media - Slingbox 700U

It does not have a network connection so it would have to be connected to a VIP dish rcvr or other rcvr with ethernet built-in.

Scott, Any news about when this might come to the other non-922 VIP rcvrs?

The 922 is starting to get interesting... I'd love to know more about the PocketDish stuff that will allow transfers to iPhone & iPad... Can you say 922 killer app? Nice!!!

The 922 is starting to get interesting... I'd love to know more about the PocketDish stuff that will allow transfers to iPhone & iPad... Can you say 922 killer app? Nice!!!
To me this was the most exciting announcement made today.

Yup I am a geek. :D

Or for the customer who's game is supposed to be in HD but Dish can not show it in HD. The customer who subs to Dish and is unaware that the game might be in HD or might not, you could have a upset customer. Unless I am missing something on the website it does not mention game only on the breakdown of the 200 HD channels (And RSN do show other programming in HD other then games)

But on another note..Cheers to the new HD the Dish Subs will be getting today!

Yeah, the SNY HD coverage has been awful this year. It was rare that they didn't carry a game last year. I've already seen 5 games this year in mushyvision since it wasn't carried, and that was just the ones I tuned in to see... It is probably much higher....

Yay to all this juicy new info! Thanks Scott.
They just announced Free HD in all packages as of June 3rd!
I expect the Platinum HD package is going to be split back out and still cost $10 which IMHO is now worth it given the channel lineup. But "all packages" means "all packages" including Family. This is great news indeed, and (correct me if I'm wrong) more like the way cable does HD.

I also hereby predict that the SD duplication of HD nationals on EA will soon disappear. (Note that HD locals are already not duplicated on EA.)

Which 7 channels were launched today? I only see 5.
you are Correct only 5

381 - EPIX2 [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 32 ConUS beam (A)
9521(270) - UNVSN [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 32 ConUS beam (A)
9522(272) - FTRAW [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 32 ConUS beam (A)
9526(192) - ID [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 32 ConUS beam (A)
9527(111) - DIY [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 32 ConUS beam (A)

Uh yeah, ditto.

Seriously though, has anyone confirmed whether or not current customers will get Free HD come June 3?

From what I understand is for the FREE HD is you will get the regular HD channels such as USA HD, Golf HD, TBS HD etc. Howver you will not get the Platinum HD channels such as EPIX, MGM, HD Net Movies etc...

Those will still be $10 a month more.

So basically your bill stays the same.

From what I understand is for the FREE HD is you will get the regular HD channels such as USA HD, Golf HD, TBS HD etc. Howver you will not get the Platinum HD channels such as EPIX, MGM, HD Net Movies etc...

Those will still be $10 a month more.

So basically your bill stays the same.

Got, thanks Scott that makes sense. Still, this is a great move for Dish and really smart

As much as I love EPIX, it is basically the only channel I watch that's included in the Platinum HD. I can see myself saving 10 bucks a month coming soon. Glad they finally are offering free HD!

Existing customers will have to renew a 24 month agreement and sign up for c.c. Autopay in order to get HD free for life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)