Team Summit Report

I am going to write all the e-mail address I have for Dish and also their website and tell them how I feel. I feel they just used the Turbo idea as a way to bait people. I don't think they intend to do anything else with it. It served its purpose!
Not the case. I wish I could say more... but Stay Tuned. :)

I am sitting in the airport in Denver getting ready to head home in Connecticut.

This years Team Summit was one of the best, but not because of new products or channels, but this time around Dish listened. They fully admitted that have problems and were very willing to lend and ear and take notes on what they can do to become better. I applaud that.

Next years Team Summit will take place in San Antonio, Texas and it looks like we will have another SatelliteGuys event which will be on May 14th. :) Stay Tuned. :)

MAN, you picked the week the Mrs. and I will be on a Mediterranean cruise - I was going to try to attend.

Maybe we can change the date of the cruise.

I am sitting in the airport in Denver getting ready to head home in Connecticut.

This years Team Summit was one of the best, but not because of new products or channels, but this time around Dish listened. They fully admitted that have problems and were very willing to lend and ear and take notes on what they can do to become better. I applaud that.

Next years Team Summit will take place in San Antonio, Texas and it looks like we will have another SatelliteGuys event which will be on May 14th. :) Stay Tuned. :)

Book me in on the party in San Antonio next year.... I would love to be at the private meeting with Charlie!!!!!!

I think that Charlie is completely wrong about the computers vs. tv thing. The state of tv over the internet is changing almost on a daily basis and I think that eventually everyone will have some type of 'computer' capable of delivering internet video hooked up to their tv. These guys need to figure out a way to embrace this technology or they are going to go the way of the dinosaur.

I bought a $90 used PC from Ebay and connected it to my living room tv. Getting it on the home network took a little technical savy but after that it works very well and I can easily see this thing supplanting most of my tv viewing in the near future. The only thing that is missing for me is sports programming.

I think that Charlie is completely wrong about the computers vs. tv thing. The state of tv over the internet is changing almost on a daily basis and I think that eventually everyone will have some type of 'computer' capable of delivering internet video hooked up to their tv. These guys need to figure out a way to embrace this technology or they are going to go the way of the dinosaur.

I bought a $90 used PC from Ebay and connected it to my living room tv. Getting it on the home network took a little technical savy but after that it works very well and I can easily see this thing supplanting most of my tv viewing in the near future. The only thing that is missing for me is sports programming.

You are proving Charlie's point. You want internet content, but delivered to your TV, not your computer monitor. He wants the 922 to supplant the home theater PC. We will give us an inexpensive way to have both.

I agree and as long as this isn't just lip service, this is a significant shift for Dish in the right direction.

So are you viewing the stuff off your PC on a PC Monitor or HDTV?

HDTV. I will admit that it isn't as good in quality as HDTV (or even Dish or Direct's version of HDTV) but it is getting there. The quality for HULU and NETFLIX is at least better than SD from Dish and infinitely more convenient. Anyone who is in a position such as Charlie should be paying heed to this form of content delivery.

Heck, even lots of Blu-Ray players are now including support for online streaming media!

HDTV.
Heck, even lots of Blu-Ray players are now including support for online streaming media!

I just bought a Samsung BluRay player which includes Netflix and it's fantastic ! The video quality is surprisingly good . I also have a Vudu player which I rarely use now that I have the Netflix service . I had an ATV, but returned it when they killed Boxee/Hulu on it.

Greeting everyone from the Mile High City, Denver, Colorado which is the home of Dish Networks Team Summit 2009!

This morning opened up with the Dish Network General Assembly........

He shows off a new Dish 500+ intergrated LNB, it picks up 129, 119, 118.7 and 110 on one unit. It has a built in Dish Pro Plus Switch and will make life easy for a number of dealers.

.............................. a supporting pub member please CLICK HERE.

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys!

and easier for many techs!

allah is indeed great and merciful!

thanks scott!

e* does need to beef up iptv options to their recievers. right now, i am typing off my logitech wireless keyboard while sitting in my recliner. simple computer made with spare parts, 3200 amd processor, 2 gigs ram, 250gig harddrive from old 625 reciever, and bought an hdmi card and digital audio card from ebay for 25 bucks. i can sit here and fart around on sat guys while watching dish using my tv's PIP option. then i put my dish on PIP, looks funny seeing 3 different screens going on. pciture quality and sound quality is great on netflix with this set up. too bad there cant be a netflix app on the vip recievers to simplify. i wondered if charlie would ever go unlimited VOD access on a fixed montly price, but figured E* cant due to possible bandwidth issues. perhaps their infrastructure couldnt support the amount of use that might take place. when timewarner offered a bunch of movies for like a buck a piece earlier this year in orange county, they had such a huge response it crashed their whole VOD infrastructure.

i just look at what my iphone can do, and wonder why my 722 cant be enabled with certain apps that would make life easier. why cant it have a webbrowser. perhaps charlie should chat with netflix, work out a deal to bundle dish accounts with netflix accounts lol. then we can get a netflix app for our vip dvrs with broadband.

My contract is up in seven months, I'll give Dish a chance to work out the Turbo HD issues with the new channels. I REALLY don't want to switch to DirecTV and I think IP and Internet television is still in its infancy. I'm happy with the service otherwise. The 722 is a fantastic DVR, and the 922 promises to be even better. I also like the fact that there IS an HD Only package in the first place, just wish everything that was in HD was available. And Dish has stuff that I like that DirecTV doesn't, Travel Channel and WGN in HD for instance. Once I get 'Rescue Me' in HD along with the other channels, I'll be more pleased.

And JUST NOW there was a commercial for Hulu with Denis Leary advertising the fact that it has Rescue me available. That's where I can go to get my fix in the meantime.

On a lighter note....Does anyone that went to Team Summit have a copy of Howie Mandel's stand up act from TS.

His act killed, funny funny funny.

Poor Toni, that woman had no chance against Howie.

At any rate I'd love to have a copy of his act from closing ceremonies.

Can anyone help me out?

Mike