Team Summit update thread!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
splino,

It doesn't look like there's a firewire port on the picture that Scott downloaded, but it does have a USB port. I'm not sure if that could be used to download from the HD to a disc or not.

Regards,

BTW I forgot to mention that Nascar star Richard Petty will be here today at the TNT booth to celebrate the launch of something regarding TNT.

When I asked last night about TNT-HD I was told they can't talk about that now to come back tommorow. :)

But I did talk to an Echostar employee on the elevator who said it will be on tonight by 5pm. :)

Scott:

Sounds like your having fun!

With regard to the DPP44 + switch - is it shipping and can you confirm that it will work with the 721?

On the issue of OTA, any estimates on availability dates and models (811, as above)? I am a bit worried about the guide info being a crap shoot - are they using the TVGuide info they bought? Maybe you could ask if the guide info will be as good as DirecTivo? :)

Scott Greczkowski said:

I also got to talk to Mark Jackson and I asked him about the OTA guide on the 921, I asked him if the OTA guide data would only be available for those who live in cities where Dish offers locals. The answer I got was that the guide data for those who live in cities where Dish offers locals will be MUCH more accurate then those who do not have locals available. Things like Prime Time shows will be displayed correctly in the guide however the rest of the schedule may be a crap shoot. You will be able to get your OTA guide data listings by inputing your zip code.

Hopefully, the 942 will be available for purchase instead of lease-only like the 522. Looks like the 942 case design is reminiscent of the JVC HD30000, an ironic choice given the absence of IEEE 1394/DishWire...

[paranoid]GPS = Our Tax Dollars at work. Seems only fair that the military launched the satellites, they should have the data so when the Stormtroopers invade your home, they get the right address... Oh, and those black choppers? Pay them no mind, they're just, ah, medivac units, ah, for the, er, Funeral Home. Yeah.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.[/paranoid]

The DP+44 switch will start "trickle shipping" next week. With that said expect only a SMALL handfull of the units available.

Major shipments of the DP+44 are expected in late July.

I will ask about the guide info today. At the moment I am getting ready to go see Charlie. :)

Thanks for the reply and for keeping us posted Scott, GREAT WORK!

I hope Charlie found something compelling to talk about. :)

Speaking of compelling, are there any booth babes in Dallas?

When you see Charlie...

Scott Greczkowski said:
The DP+44 switch will start "trickle shipping" next week. With that said expect only a SMALL handfull of the units available.

Major shipments of the DP+44 are expected in late July.

I will ask about the guide info today. At the moment I am getting ready to go see Charlie. :)

Scott;
When you see Charlie, PLEASE ask him about 921 availability!
Thanks;
-J

sounds awesome scott, must be awesome to talk to everyone there. are we to assume the 942 uses the 522's interface? I don't know about anyone else, but I don't see that taking off. Basically a 921 with a SD 2nd output? hmm..

Sirius

Hi Scott, thanks for all the information!
Hey, yesterday there was a rumor going around that said that Sirius was gonnamake "a big announcement" Any news on this? Have they announced any discounts on their monthly subscriptions or in their hardware for DISH customers?
Please let us know.
Thanks!

Jose

942... what's with the radically different appearance of each new receiver. It took me awhile to accept the silver on the 921 when every other component in the rack is black and now they are going gold??

922... no sign of this beast? Does this mean this box is further away than we hoped? Or are they only showing the ones that are a long ways out?

Scott, if you see Charlie, Schwimmer, or another programming exec, please ask what happenned with YES Network this year. E* didn't say on the Charlie Chat as to why a YES deal wasn't signed, so maybe you can dig up some info on whether we will *ever* see this channel on Dish. Thanks.

Thank you, Scott. Great stuff. Can you tell us if the DP44+ separator will ship together with the switch or it's something for later?

Sergio

FANTASTIC job Scott. Pictures and all!
Would love to know more about 942 availability and 522 lease deal.
( I would like to output the 942 to a second tv)

What happened to the 922? Simple! It was always just a rumor. I believe it was a rumor designed by E* security to track leaks and source the guilty ones. An old trick that always works. :D

Thanks for all the great info Scott!!!

Based on the number, the 942 should have 4 tuners. Probably two OTA to compete with TiVo.

I'll be very dissappointed if they don't figure out a way to expand the storage or off-load the hard drive.

The look of the 942 is ok. 921 is really to clunky (of course the size would be worth it if they would make use of the front bay).

I wonder if they gave up on the box with DVD recorder concept. IMHO putting an SD recorder into an HD box is silly.

David_Levin said:
Thanks for all the great info Scott!!!

Based on the number, the 942 should have 4 tuners. Probably two OTA to compete with TiVo.

I'll be very dissappointed if they don't figure out a way to expand the storage or off-load the hard drive.

The look of the 942 is ok. 921 is really to clunky (of course the size would be worth it if they would make use of the front bay).

I wonder if they gave up on the box with DVD recorder concept. IMHO putting an SD recorder into an HD box is silly.

I suspect that the "4" in 942 means that it will hove 2 satellite tuners and 2 ota tuners for a total of 4 tuners and 2 outputs. Maybe Scott can confirm if I am correct or not on my assumption?

Scott, could you find out when or if the 522 will be available to current customers and will it be available to buy or just lease?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts