Team Summit update thread!

We also got to see a shipping version of the DishPro Plus 44 Switch. The DPP+44 looks a little different then the version we saw in Baltimore, this one has big heat fins to cool it off, it also has a power inserter (although this power inserter is a lot better designed then the power supply from the SW 64 switch) we were also shown the DP+44 seperator, which is used if you run one cable to a DishPro Plus compatable receiver such as a 522, 721 or 921. This seperator looks like a splitter (BUT ITS NOT A SPLITTER) and takes the one wire and makes it into two which plugs into each output on your receiver.

I am a dish installer in CA. I am VERY interested in the DP+44 seperator. Some pics would be nice. I also want to know if this only works with DP+ LNBs? Also any idea when it will be available. I have been putting in 322\522s for many months and the installs would go so much faster with a seperator. Also I think all customers would be ALOT happier if I didn't have to put either 2 holes or a huge one for the new wiring. I know several apartment houses don't allow new cable wiring. Most of the time those customers just opt to stay with cable or antenna rather then pay the extra receiver fee. Thanks for any info.

mleland

SimpleSimon said:
Lots of cellphones already have GPS as part of the E-911 locator mandate. Yeah, that's right, call 911 and your location is transmitted directly to the dispatcher. Some of these same phones allow user access to the GPS data, others do not for some reason.

Nay, the E911 service based on different technology and do not requred GPS at all. That's why it serve any type of mobile phones. Actually, it's based on measuring delays from the particular phone to a few towers.

From the pictures of the back of the 942 it looks like it has 2 satellite and 1 ota connection.

DP44 seperator... anyone seen the wingway (DP-1002) product that is supposed to do the same thing?

Smith said:
Nay, the E911 service based on different technology and do not requred GPS at all. That's why it serve any type of mobile phones. Actually, it's based on measuring delays from the particular phone to a few towers.

Wireless carriers were given the option as to how they would implement E911 service. I know ATT Wireless uses the method you described. Others, such as Sprint if memory serves, chose to go with the GPS method.

HookedOnTV said:
From the pictures of the back of the 942 it looks like it has 2 satellite and 1 ota connection.

DP44 seperator... anyone seen the wingway (DP-1002) product that is supposed to do the same thing?

Yes but it may have a 2nd ota tuner for recording like the D*HD Tivo has. Can anyone at Team Summit confirm this?

Chris Freeland said:
I suspect that the "4" in 942 means that it will hove 2 satellite tuners and 2 ota tuners for a total of 4 tuners and 2 outputs. Maybe Scott can confirm if I am correct or not on my assumption?

Scott, could you find out when or if the 522 will be available to current customers and will it be available to buy or just lease?

The sign says "TV1 tuner is HD, TV2 tuner is SD".
That may just be the outputs.
Or, it may mean that there is One HD Sat tuner, one SD Sat tuner, one ATSC tuner, and one NTSC tuner.
Or...something in between.

Foxbat said:
[paranoid]GPS = Our Tax Dollars at work. Seems only fair that the military launched the satellites, they should have the data so when the Stormtroopers invade your home, they get the right address... Oh, and those black choppers? Pay them no mind, they're just, ah, medivac units, ah, for the, er, Funeral Home. Yeah.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.[/paranoid]

That's it Fox. I added you to our list.

HookedOnTV said:

You do not need two inputs for two OTA tuners like satellite ones. The HD Tivo unit has only one.

bcshields said:
GPS = Gov't Positioning Service?

I thought of this last night, how long before GPS is in your reciever... track hackers and "movers".??

It shouldn't work indoors. No line of sight to the gps sats.
You could put it in the LNBFs though.

AppliedAggression said:
sounds awesome scott, must be awesome to talk to everyone there. are we to assume the 942 uses the 522's interface? I don't know about anyone else, but I don't see that taking off. Basically a 921 with a SD 2nd output? hmm..

Actually, the 942 looks like a step backwards, unless you have the need to feed two tvs. With one HD tuner and one SD tuner, you will not be able to watch a HD program, while recording another HD program. Is that true Scott?

Doesn't seem wort waiting for, if I can ever get a 921.

:confused:

I believe on the 942 info they are incorrectly using the word tuner. I am sure that they mean TV1 hookup is HD and TV2 (remote TV is SD).

n0qcu said:
I believe on the 942 info they are incorrectly using the word tuner. I am sure that they mean TV1 hookup is HD and TV2 (remote TV is SD).

If that is correct, it then may be worth waiting for. But only if it has two HD tuners.

TNT HD now on the air.

TNT HD is now on the air! Am receiving it with my 6000.

Actually, the 942 looks like a step backwards, unless you have the need to feed two tvs. With one HD tuner and one SD tuner, you will not be able to watch a HD program, while recording another HD program. Is that true Scott?
No. Don't be confused by the "TV1 tuner is HD; TV2 tuner is SD" line on the spec sheet. This doesn't have anything to do with the number of tuners in the box. What they really mean is output. The box can output the same channel simultaneously through the HD and SD outputs, or it can output different channels simultaneously through the HD and SD outputs (similar to 522, but with HD).

Got to meet with Claude and Scott for lunch today-i do feel the need to publically apologize for taking y'all to perhaps the crappiest BBQ joint, tho from a quick look-see, it was the only one within miles of Gaylord, and in that run down loaner from my mechanic to boot-whilst driving home, i realize what a wonderful first impression that must have made-lol!!!! Anyway, was fun meeting you and FINALLY meeting claude after all these years...