Tek2000 and their 12ft dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Those would be your motor wires.
The blue and orange are for the sensor.

I'm curious. Is it easiest to build the mount, put it on the mast; then install the actuator onto the mount; and finally, put the dish (assembled on the flat ground) onto the mount? I'm trying to envision the order of assembly onto the mast, and this one seems to make the most sense, but I never heard it clearly explained.

Also, I've heard the actuator, when fully extended (but within mechanical limits) should hit the furthest possible desired satellite. I'm guessing during installation, you simply install the actuator while pointing the dish at true south, and then re-position the mount somehow so that you can track the arc on both ends? I'm a bit unclear on that bit as well.

ello II have the actuator arm, in the east have a problem the actuator bumps into the extra legs that brings the antenna 12 feet at the time I try to go down east

how do I solve this?

P80402-210414.jpg

ello II have the actuator arm, in the east have a problem the actuator bumps into the extra legs that brings the antenna 12 feet at the time I try to go down east

how do I solve this?

View attachment 132245
Turn the bolt around, or use a shorter bolt.

I have this antenna I followed all your steps I left 24 inches but I do not get good signal
Do you mean "you drilled holes at 24 inches from the edge" and you do not have a good signal?
Did you check your focal length after that?
Did you check the distance from the exposed rib (at the inner edge of the mesh) to the four sides of the scaler ring to see that you are flat? You may not be pointed at the center since you have to bend your own rods, you have to verify equal distances all the way around the ring to the dish face and adjust to get it correct.
Did you measure the scaler ring to the outer edge of the dish to see if it is centered there? And measure the edges to see if the dish is out of round?

It looks like Tec2000 raised the price on the 12' dish. I am starting a new search for 12 foot dishes as my client wants to change out one or both of the other 10 foot dishes he has now. He's okay with the 12' I showed pics of, except the crappy mount that I have to build a new one for. Maybe have to look on Alibaba.

Turn the bolt around, or use a shorter bolt.

Do you mean "you drilled holes at 24 inches from the edge" and you do not have a good signal?
Did you check your focal length after that?
Did you check the distance from the exposed rib (at the inner edge of the mesh) to the four sides of the scaler ring to see that you are flat? You may not be pointed at the center since you have to bend your own rods, you have to verify equal distances all the way around the ring to the dish face and adjust to get it correct.
Did you measure the scaler ring to the outer edge of the dish to see if it is centered there? And measure the edges to see if the dish is out of round?
the rods are bent with pincers and the scalar ring seems to be well centered

Did you check the distance from the exposed rib (at the inner edge of the mesh),,,,,,,,,,,,I do not know what you mean by that, if I measuredthe 24 inches from the inside edge

like I should not pointed towards the center??
Like you SHOULD BE POINTING AT THE CENTER.
If the scaler ring edge measures 51 1/4 on one side and 51 on the other side... it is not pointing at the center.
Tek2000_12ft_Focal-length1_zpszozns8ll.jpg

Measure from right................^ here, to the outside of the scaler ring edge... check four sides to make sure they are equal.
(Nevermind the rib, as you would see it if the center plate was not installed.)

Do you see that pole bolted to the dish? That is 24" from the OUTSIDE edge of the dish.

If the feed is centered, the scaler is equal on all sides, the focal distance is 51 (50 3/4 to throat edge), the dish is perfectly round from edge to edge...
change the LNB.

On your message, you are trying for 58w. Try testing on another satellite or two to compare signal strength.

Oh, I was wrong about the price of the 12' dish at Tec2000, I thought I saw it at 1300.00 a couple of weeks ago.

the measure that you have to give me on 4 sides is 51/14 to the face of the outer ring

and the measure is taken not from the center or center plate but from almost the rivets,,

I'm right

also use the program to draw focal point, and according to the depth of the antenna 58 cm, and 350 cm diameter

Distance LNB -> antenna (F): 132 cm = 51.96"
F / D ratio: 0.38
what is the correct focal point

SatLex Digital :: Technology :: Calculators :: F/D Ratio

Measurements only are part of the process. I use a torpedo level with 90 degree laser pointer placed across the scalar and the feedhorn on the vertical and horizontal axis.

The laser is centered in the center of scalar or feedhorn opening and projects to the center of the reflector.

If the laser does not point to the center of the reflector when placed first on the scalar then next on the feedhorn, then they are not centered or aligned with the reflector.

the antenna he installed had all the perfect mesh or some sheets were not perfectly even?

this affects me a lot?

P80410-165107.jpg

Last edited:
It affects you some, but not enough to think it will not work. I can't remember if the panels alternated being on top or if it was one side on top and the other under. The second being worse.

the measure that you have to give me on 4 sides is 51/14 to the face of the outer ring
and the measure is taken not from the center or center plate but from almost the rivets,,
I'm right
also use the program to draw focal point, and according to the depth of the antenna 58 cm, and 350 cm diameter

Distance LNB -> antenna (F): 132 cm = 51.96", F / D ratio: 0.38, what is the correct focal point

SatLex Digital :: Technology :: Calculators :: F/D Ratio

51.96" you might as well call it 52". The manufacturer says it is 51", and that is 1/4 inch inside the wave guide (throat).
And yeah, not the plate but the mesh near the rivets. Whatever you are getting for a measurement, they need to be the same on all sides to best insure you are aimed right (without a laser pointer). Also make sure you are not tilted when you set the f/d as that would be off center no matter if the scaler measurement is equal.

tek I just sent this
Focal length for the 12' dish is 52". So drill the LNB strut holes about 23" from the panel perimeter.

which is correct 52" or 51 1 /4" ,,, and 23" or 24" holes

Look back at your post #34, in that you come up with a focal point of 51.96 inches, that is really close to 52 inches. With that in mind I would say that 52 inches is the correct.

On my 10 footer, I spent days trying to believe their instructions and data. I finally came to the point that their measurements were the only thing I hadn't checked. Low and behold they were off. So, could be same thing here. Good luck with it.

Hi
which was the correct way to place this declination nut, place it face to face but it does not give me the declination for area since the nuts bump

Attachments

• frame_setup.JPG
    frame_setup.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 197
  • declination_angle_measurement (1).jpg
    declination_angle_measurement (1).jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 205
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts