Tek2000 Mesh Satellite Pics (Fake Pics ?!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks for helping us figure out this puzzle! So much for being made in Canada.

Interesting stuff!
:popcorn Ouch.... Not recommended to provide false information to customs... NAFTA break on taxes?

I used to work at a US plant owned by a Chinese company. They would have the small labor intensive parts manufactured in China then have enough of the final product produced in the US to qualify as a US made product. If this company made the panels in Canada and imported the other parts it most likely would qualify as Canadian.

Well, they did answer right back to my questions on shipping cost, they said $130 USD to ship a 10'' here, so that would be $549 total, not available until April. Noticed when I looked at their setup instructions on their site that at the very top for a header it says, Pacific Satellite international LTD, which seems to be out of Hong Kong, Philippines, Singapore and Australia.

http://www.pacificsatellite.com/corporate4.php

Has anyone bought anything else from them? I see that they have a Chap CoRotor 2 feed with servo for $99 USD, positioners, LNB'S, etc, bunch of stuff other than just these dishes.

I used to work at a US plant owned by a Chinese company. They would have the small labor intensive parts manufactured in China then have enough of the final product produced in the US to qualify as a US made product. If this company made the panels in Canada and imported the other parts it most likely would qualify as Canadian.

Some TV manufacturers did this in the 90's, The CRT was made in the U.S. and the rest overseas. They were assembled here in the U.S. and were able to be legally sold as '100 % made in America, even though that wasn't really completely true in the way most people think of it.

Give the guy a break, he is telling us about a dish that many members would want to use at a decent price. Guess he is guilty as charged..hmm..

Give the guy a break, he is telling us about a dish that many members would want to use at a decent price. Guess he is guilty as charged..hmm..

I'd say something must be fishy about the whole deal. Not everyone was piling onto him. He never answered to my question about his modified mount and I'd asked because I honestly wanted to know and was interested in the dish. I also gave him an easy out excuse for the dates on the picture deal too. Agreed, many members, myself included, might want one of these dishes, but we need answers to questions, not a run around.

He got awful hot about the picture deal, too hot, I'd say. If it was me, I'd just of said my date/time is wrong on my camera [like mine on my camera actually is] or gone and taken another picture with a current paper or something in it and then told everyone, here's mud in your face, Hah! He right away broke out with the conspiracy thing. No conspiracy, everyone's just cautious about spending their hard earned money!

Probably everyone on this forum has been burned at one time or another. Myself, I took a good hit on some solar panels once and that makes me a little cautious.

I'd emailed Tek 2000 about a month or so ago and they'd told me they wouldn't have anymore available until April and that they would email me when they got them. Halfway through April now and waiting ....

Well whoever is selling them is not selling a lot of them as they are mailing them from an Envoy Business Service shop in Scarborough (Toronto) it is like a FedEx Kinkos or UPS store here in the states. I can't imagine carting a 150 pound dish over to a shipping place especially if they are moving a quantity of them.

In the same plaza there is an electronics store called Delta Electronics. From what I can tell I do not think that they are Tek2000, while they do home theater they do not seem to do any satellite stuff. http://www.deltaelectronicson.net/ Although I am not able to look up information on the domain as they have the whois information blocked. http://whois.domaintools.com/deltaelectronicson.net.

There seems to be a John Simpson who works for or is Tek2000. I am currently investigating this as there are a number of John Simpson's in the area. John does seem to have a cell phone from Bell Mobility I do have his number of 416-655-XXXX with no answer upon calling.

This just keeps getting stranger and stranger.

Maybe he is having them manufactured at that chinese place on the corner in your picture LOL

Why should we when he is misleading members into making them believe that his dishes are manufactured in Canada?!? We satellite industry veterans know very well that it would be impossible to sell North American manufactured dishes at this price point due to the expensive tooling required and high operational costs involved in having a North American based factory. Even high-end dishes made in China or Taiwan are more expensive to acquire than the price he is selling them for as per Titanium's post on this thread who has previous experience importing dishes from Azure Shine in Taiwan under the GEOSATpro brand when he was working at SatelliteAV. With the pictures posted by a member who purchased one of his dishes, it was proven that they were manufactured by Renqiu Beifang Electronic Communication Co Ltd in China.

None of this would have happened if Tek2000 aka rooneysat would stop hiding and openly admit that his dishes are actually made in China. Lying in export documentation by claiming that the goods were manufactured in Canada instead of China in order to take advantage of NAFTA is illegal under 19 U.S.C. 1592. If and when U.S. Customs finds out, they will seize the entire shipment and the person purchasing will have to initiate a chargeback on their credit card in order to get their money back unless they were stupid enough to pay using Western Union which surprisingly is one of the payment methods accepted by Tek2000. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Why should we when he is misleading members into making them believe that his dishes are manufactured in Canada?!? We satellite industry veterans know very well that it would be impossible to sell North American manufactured dishes at this price point due to the expensive tooling required and high operational costs involved in having a North American based factory. Even high-end dishes made in China or Taiwan are more expensive to acquire than the price he is selling them for as per Titanium's post on this thread who has previous experience importing dishes from Azure Shine in Taiwan under the GEOSATpro brand when he was working at SatelliteAV. With the pictures posted by a member who purchased one of his dishes, it was proven that they were manufactured by Renqiu Beifang Electronic Communication Co Ltd in China.

None of this would have happened if Tek2000 aka rooneysat would stop hiding and openly admit that his dishes are actually made in China. Lying in export documentation by claiming that the goods were manufactured in Canada instead of China in order to take advantage of NAFTA is illegal under 19 U.S.C. 1592. If and when U.S. Customs finds out, they will seize the entire shipment and the person purchasing will have to initiate a chargeback on their credit card in order to get their money back unless they were stupid enough to pay using Western Union which one of the payment methods accepted by Tek2000.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...lite-Pics-(Fake-Pics-!)?p=3407187#post3407187

[FONT=&quot]I think my post above explains both how they can legally claim they are made in Canada and how they can sell them at a competitive price point. Even a 20ft shipping container could ship hundreds of components if the panels were assembled in Canada. In the post that mentioned the shipping marks you may note that the panel box didn’t have shipping marks[/FONT]

Since nobody posted about it so far, one clue that supports the fact that the pics that Mr. Tek2000 aka rooneysat took were most likely taken in Canada is the inclusion of a classic Bell ExpressVu single LNBF dish (i.e. same hardware as a Dish 300 but branded with Bell ExpressVu logo) in the pictures taken located behind the C band dish but visible through the mesh. These dishes were used over 15 years ago back when Bell TV only had one satellite instead of the current 2 and have not been installed for new customers since 2001 as it was replaced with the current dual LNBF dish (i.e. same hardware as a Dish 500). You will notice that this dish does not have the "Y" plastic yoke at the end of the arm but simply an LNBF attached directly to it.

These are still somewhat common in Canada but would be quite rare in the US and I am including pictures of these vintage dishes below for your reference along with the pics in question for an easy comparison. The old ExpressVu dish is clearly not in use as it is pointing in the opposite direction of all other dishes.

06_Bell_Dish_Pointing.jpg

c_3.jpg
c_5.jpg

Last edited:
Get a life pwrsurge!

Your behaviour is outright abhorrent. You must have serious psychological problems if you spend your time trying to discover where a particular DBS dish came from. Dish, Directv, Bell, etc., all get their dishes manufactured in China - so what.

Yet here you are selling made in China and made in Korea crap at your site and trying to lecture the rest of us.

You are a hypocrite of the worse kind.

This thread has ran its course.
If anybody else gets a dish from TEK2000 I would love to see pics and your review of it in a new thread.

Status
Please reply by conversation.