Tek2000 Mesh Satellite Pics (Fake Pics ?!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Buy from Ebay through PayPal using a credit card. You can't lose, even if it's a scam. You could charge back through PayPal OR your card, so you are covered.

Well I just saved about 450$... bummed out a bit though.

Same here.

I've been a longtime lurker, but finally wanted to get started with a new mesh. Oh well. Does SkyVision still have some stock?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I already have 4 c-band dishes and don't need more. 1 Perfect Ten, two 10ft Winegard Pinnacles, and a Sadoun 6 footer. I'm not including the 1.2m or the 6 foot Prodelin ku dishes...

If it was the CN Tower, there's TWO of them. One towards the middle, and one over to the left side... Hard to tell much, as the pics are so small, and perspective is a bitch!

I think those are antenna stalks on the building across the way. Or something else, not nearly as tall as they seem.

Again let me state... I want this to be real, but so far no signs that it is real. Even their own website.. go click on the assembly instructions and see where it takes you. Even their pics are not recent pics.

If they were making off their own dish you think they would be showing it off with lots of pics.

A number of us have contacted them with questions and we have received no reply. The only people saying they got replies seem to be people going through anonymous proxy servers.

I would love it if a long time member got their hands on one of these and validated that yes these are real. not a bunch of new users who have not posted here except to talk about this dish.

The other question I have is why the games over a satellite dish? There is not enough money in them.

Is it someone just trying to get a rise out of us? Would they go through all this trouble to try just playing with us? It still does not make any sense to me. As I said I want this to be real.

The only ones who can prove this is real is Tek2000 themselves. So enough of the games the fake users, the fake pictures, the proxy servers... is Tek 2000 and the dishes they are offering real or not?

It might help you guys to know that tek2000.com and satfix.net have almost identical registration records. It might not mean much because there are many people aware of the Panama private registration laws. If I was betting though I would say the person behind tek2000 is a member or moderator over at the satfix forums.

There's been quite a bit of skepticism about these as well as a pretty heated exchange earlier. I took a chance recently and bought a dish from TEK2000. For what it's worth, I did get the dish I ordered (240cm mesh). It was shipped from Scarborough, Ontario, Canada via Purolator and delivered by UPS. I have the full address it was delivered from as well as a phone number if you want it Scott. It arrived in the two boxes that are pictured on the TEK2000 website and on ebay. There was no styrofoam packing for the parts but there was bubble wrap. Some of the straps on the large box worked loose and the panels did slide against each other in transit. There is also some paint chipping where parts slid against each other in the box with the ring and other hardware. There were no assembly instructions but I contacted TEK2000 and they did email me a basic assembly list and stated they were working on detailed instructions. I am too sick right now (!@#$ flu) to do anything with it so for now it'll just sit here in my basement. I've never owned a C band mesh dish before so I have no idea what to look for as far as quality. I'll let those with experience be the judge of that. Here are some pics I took of the parts of the dish earlier this evening. If you want any others just ask and I will post them as soon as possible. I don't want to get into an argument with anyone about these dishes or their quality. I just want to share what my experience has been so far with all of you. Hope this is helpful to everyone.

100_1178.JPG100_1180.JPG100_1181.JPG100_1182.JPG100_1184.JPG100_1187.JPG100_1189.JPG100_1194.JPG100_1195.JPG100_1196.JPG100_1198.JPG100_1201.JPG100_1202.JPG100_1204.JPG100_1205.JPG100_1206.JPG

Last edited:
Excellent pictures. Answers a lot of questions. Thanks for taking the time to post them.

The only c band dish I've owned is a 6ft Sadoun so I'm no expert either, but based on those pics I think it is worth the asking price.

You might have certain people want you to include a dated newspaper or something like that in the photos, lol.

Good luck finding a printed newspaper!

Thx for the pics...still baffled why rooneysat lied about the pics though.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Glad to see other members own this same dish and are posting their own pics! Maybe those pics are fake too? Perhaps we need more "expert" digital image forensic analysis to show they are fakes from the 1980s???

Glad to see other members own this same dish and are posting their own pics! Maybe those pics are fake too? Perhaps we need more "expert" digital image forensic analysis to show they are fakes from the 1980s???

Feel free to disprove them by including some sort of incontrovertible proof in some photos. Dated printed newspaper or such. $500 or so is a lot of money, EVERYBODY seems to get scammed every other day, and people are getting hinky about that fact.

If there's nothing to hide, why is all the hiding going on? Don't get me wrong or accuse me of calling you a liar, as I am not. It's just that the truth of the matter is all on the seller.

Maybe the date/time on your camera is set wrong. That happens with every picture I take with my old Olympus camera, pictures from it always have a date/time stamp of something like 1993 or so in them.

What's special about the custom mount that allows your dish to see 30W to 139W? Even my HH mount won't go that far and it looks as if yours has an actuator, which my understanding is can't go as far as a HH. I'm actually looking for a dish to setup for my parents right now and if a TEK2000 can be made to cover that much of the arc, it'd be worth checking into for me.

Just went onto Tek2000's site and sent a message for shipping and other things, pop-up said they'll reply within twenty-four hrs. Right now it's saying on their site that they're out of stock of the 10'' and 8''. ETA for more, march 31st.

You are a liar. I spent about an hour of my time and took those pictures this afternoon.

Anyway, this is my last post on this forum. I don't see any point in taking any more abuse. If this is how you treat your members here, I suggest they find another forum to get information on C Band satellite.

Respect is earned, not given! Calling someone a liar isn't a way to get it either!

You have to understand that your posts tell us that this isn't your first rodeo yet you've only been a member here for 3 weeks, and pretty much all you have talked about is how great this dish is??? That tells me that you're either: a) a paid shill or b) the owner of that business! Either way it's obvious that your opinion is biased and you obviously don't want anyone here to know who you really are?

You stated in the above quote that it was your last post yet you show up two or three pages later and post again?? Was that your final last post or your first last post? :confused:

Ennywho, IMHO your credibility has suffered a near fatal blow from all this and you need to either come clean and tell us what's really going on or go try to sell the stuff somewhere else! Right about now I don't think anyone trusts you at all!

Status
Please reply by conversation.