OTHER Televes 85cm Orange Ku Band Dish

Hyper Casey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 1, 2010
Mi
I came across this today, never seen it before, but these are available now (in Europe). Some very cool features. From the manufacturer:

Satellite dish antenna Televes 7903 QSD 85cm Aluminum Orange. The new QSD line of Televes satellite dishes guarantee maximum performance against corrosion, resistance to wind and ease of installation. Aluminium dish reflector, with diecast Zamak LNB holder.
Folding arm for fast and easy mounting, Pre-mounted support and arm. Robust back support. Hot galvanized, Hidden cable routing system with folding tabs, Inox screws, TUV Approved

But my main thought was - would you really want a bright orange satellite dish?

P.S. They have an Orange LNBF for it also to complete the set .....

Attachments

• 7903_B.jpg
    7903_B.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 7903_C.jpg
    7903_C.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 95
I came across this today, never seen it before, but these are available now (in Europe). Some very cool features. From the manufacturer:

Satellite dish antenna Televes 7903 QSD 85cm Aluminum Orange. The new QSD line of Televes satellite dishes guarantee maximum performance against corrosion, resistance to wind and ease of installation. Aluminium dish reflector, with diecast Zamak LNB holder.
Folding arm for fast and easy mounting, Pre-mounted support and arm. Robust back support. Hot galvanized, Hidden cable routing system with folding tabs, Inox screws, TUV Approved

But my main thought was - would you really want a bright orange satellite dish?

P.S. They have an Orange LNBF for it also to complete the set .....
Their antennas are bright orange also.
Here are mine. A larger Televes Dat Boss Mix LR model #149884 (the newest one, fit for rf7 - rf36 repack) and a smaller Ellipse Mix, model #148883 (the newest one, fit for rf7 - rf36 repack)

The Ellipse is very small, but really packs the power!

To give you an idea of the size, the conventional AntennaCraft Y10-7-13 between them, is 10 feet long.
IMG_20220623_102733786.jpg

I guess they (Televes) like the color orange.

Now we all know - thanks primestar31.

Just did a google search of "Televes", then images.

Yep, they like orange for sure.

LNB, Switch, Signal Meter, Antenna, etc......

:)

I once had a RED LNBF for my Ku Dish, many years ago. It was called a Techsat Tracker II. I thought it looked cool. I just don't know about a orange 85cm dish. I kinda like my dish to be grey, blend in. But i live in a neighborhood. If i was out in the country, bright orange would be allright i guess. Something different anyways. I recently started using colored HDMI cables. Too many receivers on my workbench, i get confused what HDMI is what. So i got a bright red one, now i know that one leads to my Edision OS Mio+ 4K, lol.

Edit: Searched the forums and found it. Here is what the Techsat Tracker II looked like. Wow, that was 2008

Edit: Searched the forums and found it. Here is what the Techsat Tracker II looked like. Wow, that was 2008

Wow, that's a blast from the past.

Pretty sure I purchased that pair from "Mr. Tony". :cool:

Got a lot of use out of both and they performed pretty well...think I still have one of them.