Thank you kp-46wt500 you will be missed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
Well it finally happened, after 9 years of VERY good service and 3 moves and some rough treatment our 46 inch rear projection television gave out...my wife was watching tv in the bedroom when it flashed and the blue tube went out of alignment and now has little blue lines going across the screen....in other words R.I.P. as the tubes are 600 a piece from what I read and not really available anymore..but anyways now we are going to move our toshiba 42 inch 1080p back to the bed room and get a 55 inch or so for the living room, but I want to stay around 1200 or so....any suggestions?

You can get a Samsung 58" plasma, model B550 for around $1400-$1500.

If your wanting LED 55" you may need to go higher than $1200.
Vizeo may have a few at that price.

we actually switched it up a bit in our plans, and we got a samsung 1080p lcd 40 inch for our bedroom, it was 500 bucks at bestbuy (open box as it was a return tv, but I inspected it and there was NO damage and nothing missing at all) It is a awesome tv.

My old 46" internal projection went out on me last summer.

I ended up with a 50" Samsung Plasma.

I've been really happy with it.

Attachments

• TVPICT.jpg
    TVPICT.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 149
Okay We got a Samsung 40" LCD 1080p model:LN40B500 open box item at best buy for 450 (yes I know we didnt get the bigger one, instead we just put this new one in the bedrooom with a wallmount) so far so good, this thing is a REALLY nice tv.
Edit: this was a black friday deal that has the great samsung quality but with 2 hdmi inputs and a component input (which I dont need a lot of inputs for a bedroom tv)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)