XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Thank You letters to VOOM and Charles Dolan

No matter what happens to VOOM, we believe Charles Dolan and everyone else who made VOOM possible, deserve our gratitude and support. If VOOM matters to you, please let them know!

If you want to send your thanks to VOOM and Mr. Dolan, please post them in this thread. I am going to forward all your posts to Mr. Charles Dolan directly.

The message below is what I’ve wrote to Mr. Dolan last week. Many other members of this forum have sent their letters as well. From what I was told, Mr. Dolan "was thrilled with the overwhelming response from unsolicited inquires..."

Please do not post any flame messages toward other Cablevision Board members, or anything else off topic. Moderators of this forum reserve their right to delete any messages or any portions of the messages without warning and at their own discretion.

Update: I have forwarded the first compilation of your letters to Mr. Dolan and his assistant.
I was assured that Mr. Dolan will read them all! Thanks everyone! And keep it coming!

Update: A reply from Mr. Dolan's assistant:

"On behalf of Mr. Dolan, we want to express our sincerest thanks and appreciation to everyone in your group for their support of Voom. Your kind words have been gratifying."

Update (02/11/05): A letter from Mr. Dolan to SatelliteGuys:

Satellite Guys, thanks a lot for all your help. We will do our best to make the service more interesting for everybody. We love your comments. Please keep them coming.

Chuck Dolan

Ilya.

To: Mr. Charles Dolan
VOOM/Cablevision

01/19/2005

Dear Mr. Dolan,

I wanted to express my support and to thank you personally for bringing us VOOM Satellite Service! With VOOM, High Definition Television became a reality: from watching just a few premium HD channels we suddenly jumped to watching HD almost exclusively. And not just HD: original commercial-free programming; live HD sports broadcasts from Europe; movies by the greatest directors in the world; music concerts with 5.1 surround sound and much-much more! Thank you for your great vision and courage! Thank you for not being afraid to stand above the crowd and for doing things that no one has done before!

At this moment when the future of VOOM seems to be uncertain (judging by various publications over the past couple of days), I thought you might be pleased to hear words of support and encouragement from your loyal customers. There are thousands of happy VOOM customers out there and we want you to know how we appreciate what you have done for us!

Ilya.
Loyal VOOM customer since November 2003.

Voom/Cablevision

1/24/05

Dear Mr. Dolan,

No matter the outcome of VOOM, I like to take this opportunity to thank you and for the best HD line up currently available in the market. I sincerely can say that I always find something in HD to watch on VOOM. Without Voom this was not possible or limited to a few nightly events. VOOM gives us the choice to watch a number of programs not available anywhere else and as a customer that is something that I always appreciate about the service and willing to pay for it. I have been with the service since the beginning. I appreciate all the hard work that your staff and management put into delivering VOOM. I hope that it will continue. Thank you for your vision.

Sean Mota
Voom Subscriber since November 2003

To: Mr. Charles Dolan 1/24/05
Voom @ Cablevision

Dear Mr. Dolan,
You are a true visionary and I am so happy to have been here to see your vision of high definition DBS television become a reality. I for one believe we, as Voom customers, have had a rare look into the future of what HD DBS entertainment can be. You made all this a reality when the DBS industry sat on the fence waiting to see where HD would lead us. Mr. Dolan, you have lead well and set the bar very high indeed!

Hopefully Voom as we now enjoy it, or at least the channels we all love will survive the turmoil at Cablevision . This is a bitter sweet experience for us all. To actually live the HD dream but have the threat of waking up to a SD world one morning.

Please know we are all with you in spirit and are hoping for the best! Warmest Regards and Thank You for Voom! , Dennis Wallace Indianapolis IN

VOOM
Forever The King Of HD!

VOOM/Cablevision

01/24/2005

Dear Mr. Dolan,

Well what more can I say that the others havent, I really enjoyed Voom and really though it was a start to something that was going to be huge for HDTV.. I dont know what went wrong and if Voom is going to make it or not but it sure was fun while it lasted..

I think there is still a huge market out there for HDTV service and none of the other services are running with the ball like Voom did, so in thick or thin I will be here till the end..

Cya Brent from Michigan

VOOM/Cablevision

01/24/2005

Dear Mr. Dolan,

Thank you so much for going to where no other providers dared to go. You have a vision and I support it! I will be with Voom until the end. I only hope that it is a lot later than sooner. Your service is far superior than any others that I've had in the past with programming that is and will always be unmatched.

Keep the dream alive!

Roger in South Carolina

VoOm HD Support

VOOM/Cablevision

01/24/2005

Dear Mr. Dolan,

My household is new to VoOm but we wanted to express our support and to thank you for your VOOM Satellite Service! Although it has only been a week since install we have enjoyed many hours of HD that cannot be found elsewhere. Even with all the conflicting reports concerning the service we wanted to thank you for your vision and insight into this exciting new world of viewing pleasure and for bringing to thousands of houses across America.

Chris and Donna
West Texas

Mr. Dolan,

I assume you're rather busy, so I'll keep this brief. Add me to the list of loyal Voom supporters who want to express their thanks to you. Voom rocks. You rock. No other HD provider is even in the same league as Voom.

Thank you,
TheTimm
Warren, MI

Mr Dolan, iam new to voom tv and let me tell you after being with direct tv , dish network and comcast , i love VOOM it will be a crime to shut this service down ,
we love th HD service , so lets put a deal together and go forward , and keep providing us with this great product...
Thank You
Ruben Senderey
Ft Lauderdale, Fl.

Mr Dolan,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for going through with your vison of HDTV delivery to the home. You were years ahead of the rest and I've learned to enjoy HDTV viewing ever since I've had VOOM. I'm sticking with VOOM as long as the light stays on my reciever (what else is there to go to???)

Thanks for giving us a taste of the future and letting me realize the full potential of my expensive TV!!! KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE!!!

Mike
San Diego, Ca

VOOM/Cablevision

01/24/2005

Dear Mr. Dolan,

I want to join which I am sure will be a long list to thank you for VOOM and the service you provided.

I have been Vooming since March and I love every minute of it. There is ALWAYS something to watch in HD. You have a vision for the future of HD television and I applaud you for standing up to the naysayers who said it won't work. It will work and does work!

Your vision and goals have caused the other two dbs companies to rethink their visions of HD and realize it IS the future and btw, they can't compare to what VOOM has to offer.

I hope you and your supporters can find a way to make VOOM succeed and lead the HD television service into the future.

Scott Alexander
Chickasha, OK

Mr. Dolan,
Just wanted to drop a word of thanks to you for making VOOM available to us as an alternative to other providers. Your focus on HD content is valuable to all of us out here with HD displays. I've been an enthusiastic subscriber for eleven months now. Whatever happens, thanks again for your wonderful satellite service.
Sincerely, Mark in Los Angeles

Cablevision/Voom

January 24, 2005

Dear Mr. Dolan,

I would like to express my sincere thanks for allowing me the opportunity to become a satisfied Voom subscriber. I have truly enjoyed the Voom experience from the start and am really appreciative of the unique HD programming that Voom is currently providing.

As Carly Simon eloquently sang and used perfectly in Voom’s preview programming “Nobody Does it Better.”

Thank you,

joep
Wooland Hills, CA

Thanks!

Mr Dolan,

Thanks for allowing us to experience the future of HD entertainment in the present! We very much enjoy the quality of Voom's programming with stunning HD picture quality and fine audio. You can continue to count on my subscription. Hopefully, the recent events are just a "bump in the road", and we can continue to enjoy Voom for years to come. Good luck to you in your fight to keep this wonderful service going.

Thanks!

Dave Hoppe
West Bend, WI

Thank You Voom and Charles Dolan

Thanks for the best HD. Even in the wilds of Arkansas we could see great movies, concerts, and sports. I remain hopeful that somehow you can continue. I tell everyone I can about how much I like your service and I just got it 3 months ago. I can't get any kind of cable so satellite is the only way to go. Sell the cables and keep the satellites coming. They help make the world a smaller and more exciting place.

Sam Smith

VOOM/Cablevision

01/24/2005

Dear Mr. Dolan,

Thanks for letting me share in your vision. Voom is the best. I hope Voom lives on. I enjoy watching Voom every day. Voom always has something to watch. Voom is the best place to watch HDTV and has the best SD picture too.

Thanks

Mike
Hadley, MA

in short: I will REALLY MISS VOOM'S OWN HD CHANNELS, the CINEMAS!

If this was all, end of story, well... :no:(
well I still can't say anything else than THANK YOU, MR DOLAN, THANK YOU CHARLES! :yes
You showed us how a REAL HD lineup should look like, including CINEMA21s!

We saw the future, yes - THANK YOU AGAIN! :cool::yes;)

I still hope you'll make it out somehow finally though... if I need to subscribe somewhere else, please, let me know, Charles - I need my weekend Fellini an Co and not in crappy DVD but in HD, just as YOU DID SHOW US! :cool::cool::yes

1/24/05

Mr. Dolan,

First I would like to thank you for having enough vision to see that HD and satellite programming is the future. It is a shame that others can not see that given some time that VOOM would become the top satellite provider in the nation. I have no doubt about it!

I am a Home Theatre/VOOM retailer for O'Rourke sales company. VOOM is my highest quality product I have in my showroom, it sells itself (as well as TV's). The programming you and your staff have assembled is unsurpassed in content and visual quality. I can never go back to standard definition again.

Thank you for your Vision,

Lance Coraggio
Wiredisland, INC

VOOM/Cablevision

January 24, 2005

Dear Mr. Dolan,

I want to thank you for sharing your vision and your commitment to HD programming. I've only been a subscriber for 6 months, but have enjoyed Voom tremendously during that time. I can't imagine what it will be like if we have to take a giant step backward to SD. No one else seems to have your commitment to HD.

Thank you for believing in your dream, and pushing forward through all the challenges that came along. Being the eternal optimist, I'm hoping that my Voom box doesn't go dark, but rest assured I will not give it up unless it does.

All the best,

Paul Kuehn
Whitewater, WI

1-24-05 Mr. Dolan, I would also like to say thank you. Voom is a superior product. I hope you can do a little magic and keep it around. It's a shame others on your board didn't have the insight or nerves to keep it going. With a little time and the right marketing Voom would soon be competing with the other two satellite companies. Once again, thanks. I've never seen a T.V. program look so good! Bob Wexstten Taylorville Il

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)