Thank You letters to VOOM and Charles Dolan

Dear Mr Dolan,
My name is Zoe and I am 9 years old. My daddy told me that animania will be going away in a few days. My sister and I love that channel. Horrible Histories is my favorite show. I also like pink panther and felix. I used to watch nick and disney but the picture is really fuzzy. Animania looks much better. Daddy said it is h d although i dont know what that means I like it better. I asked daddy if he could get it again and he said that he hopes so but not right away. He said I should use his computer to tell you how I felt because you were the father of Voom. He said that people you work with closed it because it didnt make them rich fast enough. I'm always in a hurry too. My daddy tells me to be patient a lot. He tells me that some things take time. I think the people you work with didnt have daddys like mine. Thank you for animania.

Your friend,
Zoe Hazelwood

To: Mr. Charles Dolan
VOOM/Cablevision

04/25/2005

Dear Mr. Dolan,

I have really grown to love your company and your programming. I personally will miss the RAVE channel. After a long day it was always there to welcome me when I got home. I feel as if I am cheating or doing something wrong by leaving today and moving over to *E. Though it is nice to have the high Def DVR, I will really miss the Voom community and other visionaries that understood your goals and visions of the future. I can't speak for everyone but I would follow you anywhere. Thank you for your best efforts and God bless.

Trent Charlton
Laguna Hills, CA

I had Direct HD TV installed yesterday, and now wish even more that VOOM was still around as I'm really disappointed with Direct TV.

I think the problem is that signal is sent up/down/around too many times resulting in watery pictures and boring sound quality.

I cant wait to get out of the one year contract I signed w/ Direct TV.

As many as you know VOOM HD picture/sound was incredible (and it had 25+ HD channels).

VOOM may you rest in peace, we will miss you.

Dear Mr. Dolan,
Thank you believing in the HD dream, as we did. Your service was ahead of its time. Perhaps we will meet again when the time is right. Monsters was a dream come true for me. Now the real nightmare begins. I will really miss VoOM and Monsters.
Thank you for all you've done.

Thank You for giving us the best in HD, we all hope to see more from you in the future. Voom will be missed here at home. THANK YOU Sir for a wonderful product.

Today is the last day for Voom. :no

I am going to be watching it when it cuts off tonight. Today Echostar, who owns Dish Network announced that it will obtain 10 of Voom's channels, with plans to obtain the rest in the future!!! Very good news for us!!! They are offering a special deal for previous Voom customers. 1-800-969-HDTV

Wow.. sure wish they would have announced that sooner.. I think the Voom channels are great but made the decision to go with D* because I like the PVR better.. now I see I should be with E*.

I guess I need to give the industry a year and plan to adjust again.

slngsht said:

I am going to be watching it when it cuts off tonight. Today Echostar, who owns Dish Network announced that it will obtain 10 of Voom's channels, with plans to obtain the rest in the future!!! Very good news for us!!! They are offering a special deal for previous Voom customers. 1-800-969-HDTV

Mr. Dolan,

Although it is sad to wake up today and not have Voom, I think that you deserve our gratitude for not giving up easily. I'm referring to the continuation of the Voom 21 programming. Although we will all miss Voom, and its suite of great HD, history will show that Voom has indeed made its mark by pushing te competition one step further. Voom showed us what could be done with creativity and insight. Now that Dish has comitted to the Voom channels, more people will begin to understand that TV can be different and compelling.
Other cable and Sat competitors will react, and the consumer will be better off. Perhaps in the end you may have lost the battle but still win the war.
Thanks again!

Bob H.

Mr. D,

Thanks for making our last year of HD viewing a total pleasure. And thanks now for the Voom21 package found on other DBS and possibly cable providers. Screw Cuban and his HDNet, we still have the Voom21! ;)

Voomin' until the end,
Brian

Mr D--

Thanks for providing the best priced, best guide and best selection of HD. It has been a fantastic year. We are already watching Voom on Dish this am. More HD movie channels would be nice. Please continue to negotiate deals for more movies. That is what we would like to see.

Cheers,

slngsht said:

what special deal? dish network charged me $99 for the extra satellite
dish install (will be done next week) plus $5 extra per month for the 10 voom channels? just last week i had dishnetwork HD installed (Friday - Apr. 29th).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)