Thank You letters to VOOM and Charles Dolan

Dear Mr. Dolan,

Your fellow board members are poop. Voom is the shizzle, keep the dream alive.

DVLOS

Mr. Dolan,

I will just echo what other have said. I love the Voom service. It pains me to think that in a short time it may be gone. Do what you can to make the dream live on. One thing you have done is made HD common place in my home. For that I'm thankful.

R O'Brien
Subscriber since 02/04

Mr. Dolan,

The thrill of watching your VOOM unique programing reminded me of my childhood when the first color television broadcasts were introduced by Disney. I truly believe that the effort will go down as visionary genius. It has always been clear to me that your interest was in Quality of transmission content and display. Your intent was obviously set to raise the bar of home entertainment to more than the average IQ customer. The financial issues, not withstanding, your pioneer effort will always be appreciated by those that reject mediocrity. Keep your vision alive, we will follow you to your next adventure.

Mr. Dolan;

As long-time DirecTv, Comcast and Charter subscribers, all I can say is that the quality and vision that went into putting VOOM together was like a breath of fresh air.

In a market ruled by mediocrity and penny-pinching, VOOM showed a truly visionary spirit, and no matter what happens down the road, I'll treasure what VOOM brought into our lives.

Thanx for the very best ever, and I'm hoping that some version of VOOM is able to survive the bean-counters!

Sincerely,
Lee Brody

Cheers to VOOM

Dear Mr. Dolan,

Just look at the stir you have created - isn't that great!? It is clear that many people have shared your vision of providing the best HD possible - we thank you for that. Wherever VOOM goes, there will be many supproters that will follow. Cheers to you, the entire VOOM staff, and all the talented technicians who have made this happen. Because of VOOM, the future of HD looks bright to all of us.

Sincerely,

James Gross

Dear Mr. Dolan,

I've been a subscriber for about a year now and I'm totaly at a loss as to what I will do next if/when VOOM turns out the lights. I have been completely satisfied and stunned with your service. I wish you and all of the VOOM associates well in your ongoing endeavors.

Justin Jenkins
Chicago IL

Dear, Dear, Mr. Dolan,

Thank you so much for allowing me to view satellite programming as it should be. Glad someone has a vision about the future of satellite TV. Guess I'll have to dust off my 4DTV receiver and lube the moving parts of the 10 ft. mesh.

Good luck with future endeavors, hope you find the support you need.

Cliff Gaddis
Wyman, Kentucky

FYI: I have forwarded the first compilation of your letters to Mr. Dolan and his assistant.
I was assured that Mr. Dolan will read them all! Thanks everyone! And keep it coming!

Mr. Dolan

While I am not a voom subscriber I really appreciate the efforts put forth by you and your company to bring HD content to our homes in such a large quantity. I have seen your service many times as one of my best friends subscribes to your service and from what I did see I really enjoyed most of it. I was looking forward to the info about releasing the DVR and even more HD channels in March (70+ from what I remember). My contract with my current subscriber happens to be up in March and I was going to take a very close look at your service. I hope that somehow/someway your company can continue to broadcast. If that however is not possible I hope that there is a way to keep all that HD content alive through other television services.

Thanks
Richard from Canyon Lake, CA

Mr. Dolan,

I cannot add anything more to what has already been said, other than another "Thank You". I really have enjoyed Voom since signing up in December and hope I have further opportunities to do so. I'm particularly keen to see WorldSportHD find a home on any platform as I really enjoy the sports content they provide.

Regards,

W. Jarrett Campbell
Cary, NC

Shouldn't there be a thread like this that goes straight to Charlie encouraging him to keep many of the HD offerings that Voom has/had with his newly acquired bandwidth?

Mr. Dolan,

After reading all the letters to you from fellow VOOMers, I have little to add. I have been a big-dish viewer since October 1988. When VOOM launched in October 2003, I was curious but decided to wait and see. In March 2004, my system was installed and I've enjoyed it very much. Not long after, I de-authorized most of my big-dish programming and made VOOM my primary supplier. It has continually improved in stability, channel variety and picture quality. Two of my friends have become subscribers due my constant prodding. I'd like to express my thanks for your vision and support. Your staff is the best. I hope you can find a way to keep it going. I'll be here to the end (if any).

Dana Rodakis
St. Petersburg, Florida

Mr. Charles Dolan,

I was shocked and saddened to find out that Voom may be going away. I really thought, and still hope, that some way could be found to keep the service up and running. As an HD enthusiast since 2001 I really appreciate the amount of HD programming broadcast by your company. The future appeared bright with an expanded channel line-up and networkable DVR. Thank you for your enthusiasm and commitment to building a better satellite company.

Brian Kolar
St. Augustine, Florida

Dear Mr. Charles Dolan,

Thank You for your dedication to VOOM. I have been a subscriber for 10 mths now and I love the service. Voom truley is the best out there for HD. It will be missed.

Vincent Viola
Staten Island , NY

01/25/05

Dear Mr. Charles Dolan,

I wish to thank you for providing my home with the best quality entertainment available today. During the past I have tried other satellite providers only to be disapointed and unhappy. As a VOOM subscriber for the past 9 months I can say that I am finally happy with my choice of program provider. Normally I would balk at spending over $50 per month on programming, however your service is so superior it's cost is well justified in my home.

I will stay with VOOM until the last bit of information is transmitted by Rainbow DBS and either go to a new satellite location where the VOOM service goes or become a Digital Over The Air only household. Once you have had the best there is no going back to something subpar.

Sincerely,

Bryan French
Benwood, WV

Dear Mr Dolan,

Thank you for forging ahead while others wait and see. I appreciate all the hard work you and the people at Voom have put in the past 2 years. May your vision still yet be vindicated.

A Voom customer in South Bay, CA

Mr. Charles Dolan,

I have been a Voom subscriber for a mere month and am dismayed to find out that the service may be discontinued. I have had other satellite service for many years, using it as entertainment as well as it's educational value. I am a homeschool parent with 5 children, and after 13 years of educating at home, I am always looking for new educational opportunities. So, aside from the fact that Voom offers the most fantastic Hi Def entertainment hands down, your Voom exclusive channels, especially Equator, enhances our learning experiences to the degree that we are not just watching television, but experiencing the world. Even if other providers pick up the ball and carry more HD channels, nothing will equal the quality of the Voom exclusives, for I have yet to see anything that even comes close.

My brother, sister-in-law, and I are all new HD television owners and have all subscribed within the last month. My husband, a firefighter, (and a hopeless electronic illiterate) has spread the word about Voom HD throughout the fire stations, for even he has seen the difference. I think Voom is on the cutting edge of something great and I hope it is around long enough for others to catch on and enjoy. Voom has been the best kept secret around, I'm sorry we did not know about it sooner. We will stay until the end.

Sincerely,
A Homeschool Family
Florida

Thank you!

Dear Mr. Dolan,

I was a long time Directv subscriber and switched to VOOM last Dec 2004. I have to say I am heart-broken by the decision to sell the satellite to DISH. The picture and sound even in the Standard DEF modes was so much better than DirecTv. And the HI DEF .. well simply remarkable.

Maybe you could give your son a Dish Network system for Christmas, but then again, if he 'got it' .. we wouldn't be where we are now, would we?

I could only hope that DISH would try and emulate some of the great things VOOM was doing .. but knowing Charlie's MO for mediocrity, I doubt it.

Best wishes to you,
Art Spanjer

Dear Mr. Dolan, I just want to add my sentiments and gratitude for providing such excellent programming and quality with Voom, especially the most HD content available today! We have been Voom subscribers since June 2004. We had been Comcast HD Cable subscribers for a long time before "vooming", but cancelled after we realized Voom was much better in HD quality and quantity, along with better SD quality. We have become addicted to Voom and plan to stay til the end (which we hope is a long, long time away). It'll be hard to go back to Cable (or any other provider after being spoiled with Voom). Thanks again, and Good Luck, Sincerely, Margaret Trebble

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts