Thanks but no thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

billy62

Original poster
Aug 20, 2009
OH
Just arrived in my email an offer for free upgrade in equipment saving me $199 because I am such a loyal customer. This is to good to be true. Read every word in the email to see what the catch was and found none. Went to my account as told by email with hope in my heart this was not BS. There, there it is with a new 24 month commitment they will upgrade me. Since I only have 3 months left on my commitment I am going to pass their wonderful offer. I am not so sure I am such a loyal customer or a customer who has a short amount of time on my commitment. Thanks but no thanks.

This is the norm ... nothing out of the ordinary.

You've been with them just about 2 years, so you are a "Loyal Sub" to them.

Like Jimbo said, nothing unusual about that offer at all. It is the norm.
Sorry that it did not turn out as you had hoped though.

if you plan on not going anywhere in the next 24 months then i would say its a good deal.

I have never received an E-Mail from Directv in all of the years I've been with them, I wonder if it may have been from a 3rd party looking for a commision.

sounds like a good deal

or you can sign a 24month with dish for thier new equipment

They offered me a HR24 in exchange for my HR21 some time ago, free. Same deal. New 2 year commitment. I turned it down as I didn't want a new contract. The HR21 has worked perfectly for me, never lost a recording, never ran out of space on the drive. If something is working perfectly and meets your needs, then there isn't much reason to change it out.

It was a fair offer but I wouldn't have actually gotten much in terms of real usefulness.

They offered me a HR24 in exchange for my HR21 some time ago, free. Same deal. New 2 year commitment. I turned it down as I didn't want a new contract. The HR21 has worked perfectly for me, never lost a recording, never ran out of space on the drive. If something is working perfectly and meets your needs, then there isn't much reason to change it out.

It was a fair offer but I wouldn't have actually gotten much in terms of real usefulness.
Agree, if your happy, then there is no problem.
Direct just trying to secure a customer for 2 more years.

What I find funny is thats OK, but its not ok when the customer want to ask for an offer.
Kind of a double standard!

New equipment new commitment. Seems fair to me. People feel like they are entitled to the farm because they pay their bill like they are supposed to each month. Sorry that isn't extraordinary in the real world its just expected.

I'm confused. Most postings here seem to think that the deal is new equipment of the latest models. But these deals aren't that at all. They are 'new to you' of whatever model they send, and it may be new or refurbed. So for the 2 years you may or may not get the latest and greatest and it may or may not be brand new.

If you're coming from SD to HD, then it is worth it imo. But if you are already HD, I'm not so sure.

I'm confused. Most postings here seem to think that the deal is new equipment of the latest models. But these deals aren't that at all. They are 'new to you' of whatever model they send, and it may be new or refurbed. So for the 2 years you may or may not get the latest and greatest and it may or may not be brand new.

If you're coming from SD to HD, then it is worth it imo. But if you are already HD, I'm not so sure.

If they don't come with what you want then refuse it. More times than not the guy has the boxes you want on the truck or can get them. If you are nice and maybe give him a tip he'll likely bend over backwards to make you happy. If you aren't happy refuse the install and don't sign anything. Call D to let them know and problem solved.

In my case they specifically offered me an HR24. Don't know if it would have been new or refurb.

Went on vacation since I posted this. The thing is I have two HR 24s. I doubt if they are going to upgrade me to a 34 just for a two year commitment. Well you never know.

billy62 said:
Went on vacation since I posted this. The thing is I have two HR 24s. I doubt if they are going to upgrade me to a 34 just for a two year commitment. Well you never know.

They would but it's not going to be free. Expect to pay anywhere from $99-$399 for it plus a possible $49.99 install fee

Sounds like a good deal...I've been trying to upgrade my equip to a whole home and I've been a sub for 7 yrs and not under contract at all...they want to charge me $500 and reup my deal for 2 yrs...no problem reusing for 2yrs for an upgrade but the $500 I have an issue with. Last call we were down to $400 plus 49.99 to install...boo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts