The Big Ugly help please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hapecamper

Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
north texas
I decided to get pro active and not wait on a new dump...My testing has graduated to the "BIG UGLY"....I picked up what looks like a nice Univison 7' 8" dish with mesh that a pencil tip wont go thru....It has a motor and the guy said it was working the day they stopped using it....I have a viewsat ultra/paltinum/coolsat 6000 and a couple of sonicview 360's. I read so much I m kinda confussed.....

Question number1.........which of my units will work best with the c band dish? i would prefer to use my ultra?

Question number 2

I ve gathered from reading u can configure a ku lnb sistered up next to the existing univision feedhorn?

Should i buy a quad with circular / linear lnb's?

Does anyone know of a good fag/guide that will help me on my way? Something that specifically deals with univision / ultra setup?

I m willing to read just need a little help with the setup.....Thanks and go coders were pulling for u all
beer2.gif

I take it you just got the c-band dish and already have it set up and on a pole. Why not post a pic of the lnb that's on it for us? Most likely you can put a c/ku feedhorn on it. Or, if you're of the mind to-try one of the new c/ku lnbfs (no polarity motor to worry about).
You're fta rec will all work on c-band freq, the coolsat prob has better sensitivity than the VS.
But, none will control the channel polarity for you, without an older, analog c-band receiver to do it, you'll have to find a way to control polarity (like the c/ku lnbf-which your fta boxes will control)

Thanks for ur help.....Currently I dont have picture capabilities due to my phone being stolen and also on a budget......If I understand u correctly { i can get a new c/lnbf and hook up and go?} When u say I dont need a polarity motor that way ur not talking about an actuator?
Also do i need to buy a motor controller and some ribbon cable?

A newer lnb will switch polarities with a voltage change, the older lnb's used a hobby type servo ~1-2 ms pulses for polarity, easy if you are an electronics nut N bolts guy, no so much if not. You can crudely move the dish with a lawnmower battery. Sadoun sells the Gbox it is really cool, check it out for when you come into some $$.

getting specific:

To be more specific, here's a decent dual-band LNBF that's voltage controlled:
GeaoSat Pro C KU Band Prime Focus LNBF
Other of our Gold Sponsors have similar (or identical) units, but these two examples are recommended choices.
Getting C-band on your BUD should be no problem; fine-tuning Ku is a little more tricky.

Then, to run the motor to move your dish, we pretty strongly recommend the Gbox, and only Sadoun sells it:
Sadoun Powertech GBOX V3000 Positioner DiSEqC 1.2 Compatible
We have a review of this unit, in our Hardware Review section.

edit:

General info for setting up a BUD can all be found on this site.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts