The Dish April 1st New HD Saga (Merged Threads)

Sing along now:

High-ho, high-ho, it's off to Direct we go..............

Why?? Everybody is bitching over there as well! No Travel-HD, no WGN-HD, no HBO's, no ESPN-U, and on and on!! Plus the complaints that their receiver is slow and not dual TV capable. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Amen brother.

People are getting blown up in wars, starving to death, have no homes, etc., etc., etc. around the world and folks here are bent out of shape 'cause they didn't get a few lousy channels added in HD that they were PROMISED on time.:rolleyes: Give me a break.

Ed

I'm sorry. You accidently wandered onto the satellite forum where people talk about this kind of stuff. Did you mean to go to the 'natural and man-made disasters forum'?

Honestly, if you think people are being petty for discussing subjects that they are interested in, why are you hanging out and following the discussion?

Dear Mr. Ergren (Not a dish subcriber so I wont get to formal with charlie)

For the past few months, I have been contemplating a move to Dish Network, I have been a Directv Subcriber for the past nine years, but have been intrested as of late in what dish has to offer. The "Two for one" DVR's are a great concept, as well as as your DVR's are talked very highly on the very popular SatelliteGuys message board. When April 1st came and went and no new nationals turned on, I think you lost some marketing momentum with the current promotion that you are running right now. If you are looking to rebound, and gain new subrscribers from other providers now is the time to make a move!

Best of Luck hope this is just blimp and the new HD that was discussed will light up, as some of us on the fringes are seeing what other HD moves you make.

Jason

Big props to the OP for the Dear Charlie posts, May have to have an Idea for this on the Directv Side, kind of cleans the mind in a not so angry way :)

Why?? Everybody is bitching over there as well! No Travel-HD, no WGN-HD, no HBO's, no ESPN-U, and on and on!! Plus the complaints that their receiver is slow and not dual TV capable. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.
Not everyone.

It simply shows that people will complain no matter what they have.

So, Rey, what's your prediction: New HD today, or a ton of 922s sent out? ;)

I'm predicting HD today, because I won't be around this weekend to watch it. This is how things work for me. :)

No, it's not. It's actually perfectly sensible. Who cares if the channels are uplinked on Wednesdays and CSRs get info a day later ? Existing customers will get them automatically, hence no need to call in and therefore no need for CSRs to know they're available.

Who does it hurt ?

That might be true for national programming but there are many HD local subs who have to call to get installed with new dishes.

Nothing says "Customer Service" like a form-letter

Sent: Thu 4/02/09 9:36 AM
To: ceo@dishnetwork.com

Mr. Ergen,

New national HD "by April 1" -- It is called courtesy, aka customer service. Something you forgot a few $100 million ago. If you can't keep your promises, at least let your underlings let the customers know, the vast majority will understand and not hold it against you personally.

Or, you can just keep giving them the "mushroom" treatment.

(Full Name)

Sent: Thu 4/02/09 2:59 PM
To: JPMARTO

Dear Mr. JPMARTO,

Thank you for your email expressing concern about the additional Viacom HD channels that were referred to in the Charlie Chat. Currently, DISH Network and Viacom, the owner of these channels, are working to finalize the launch of these HD channels.

We realize that in today’s competitive world you have a choice in services. We thank you for your continued business and support.

Sincerely,

AR
Executive Communication
DISH Network Corporation
___________@dishnetwork.com
720-XXX-XXXX

Sent: Thu 4/02/09 9:36 AM
To: ceo@dishnetwork.com

Mr. Ergen,

New national HD "by April 1" -- It is called courtesy, aka customer service. Something you forgot a few $100 million ago. If you can't keep your promises, at least let your underlings let the customers know, the vast majority will understand and not hold it against you personally.

Or, you can just keep giving them the "mushroom" treatment.

(Full Name)

Sent: Thu 4/02/09 2:59 PM
To: JPMARTO

Dear Mr. JPMARTO,

Thank you for your email expressing concern about the additional Viacom HD channels that were referred to in the Charlie Chat. Currently, DISH Network and Viacom, the owner of these channels, are working to finalize the launch of these HD channels.

We realize that in today’s competitive world you have a choice in services. We thank you for your continued business and support.

Sincerely,

AR
Executive Communication
DISH Network Corporation
___________@dishnetwork.com
720-XXX-XXXX

That seems to be the Copy->Paste email that everyone is receiving.

I wasn't bitching Wednesday Night when I was watching the UFC on SPIKE-HD. I thought that April 1st for SPIKE-HD being live on DISH was going to make a lot of people happy because of Fight Night and TUF. Oh well I hope you guys get them cause my mom still has E* and I go visit right much.
But really Travel-HD is the only real channel D* subs bring up. Most subs don't have the premiums but with a DVR 1 or 2 of each should be enough IMO. WGN would be nice for some but only for sports not for any of the 80s sitcoms. I never watched it when I had E*, but I am not a baseball fan either.
One thing for sure, you would be hard pressed to find a thread on the other side clambering for Lifetime or LMN in HD.

Wouldn't it have been smarter to merge the many threads into simply fewer threads?

Merging threads is all fine and good, but it's a bit ridiculous, even now when there are a lot more people tuning in to find out about this very HD issue, to present a single, monster-sized, ~50 page thread that we're forced to read to get some information (assuming there is anything new, because I sure haven't read it all). Good grief.

Wouldn't it have been smarter to merge the many threads into simply fewer threads?

Merging threads is all fine and good, but it's a bit ridiculous, even now when there are a lot more people tuning in to find out about this very HD issue, to present a single, monster-sized, ~50 page thread that we're forced to read to get some information (assuming there is anything new, because I sure haven't read it all). Good grief.

It is better than having 50 1-page threads taking over the forum tho.

That's the point there is no information so a 50 page thread of people holding their handout serves the purpose. :up

The delay in activating additional Nat'l HD was no surprise to any Retailer that managed to read the last fax blast dated 3/20/09. There as no mention of nor promise of new HD by April 1. The wording was that as the programmers made their service available, Dish would review the content of actual HD and add to the line up if sufficient. Would the old saying apply...Patience is a virtue????????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)