The End of VOOM?

It appears that we have many Double Downer's in this site: so answer the question Sean:

kelljc said:
Guy's
let's get back to the question :: Why did Dish Buy 61.5 and not Amc6: let's answer the real question Why?????

Because V* did not own AMC-6, they were going to lease space on it, that's it.

what's the question again?

AMC-6 wasn't for sale, voom didn't own it

kelljc said:
Guy's
let's get back to the question :: Why did Dish Buy 61.5 and not Amc6: let's answer the real question Why?????
Voom doesn't own AMC-6, they leased space on it from its owner, SES Americom, and then the marketing department at Voom gave this leased space the marketing name "Rainbow 2". SES Americom is not up for sale.

AMC-6 carries traffic for other customers too -- See LyngSat:
http://www.lyngsat.com/amc6.html

Here's SES Americom's profile of the satellite:
http://www.ses-americom.com/satellites/amc-6.html

Back to the Real Question: Why Would Dish Buy Back Transponders that 99% of Sub's can't get: Answser that one and I'll go along with the gloom and doom for voom

umm that's not true. Pretty much all of the E* subs CAN get 61.5 they already have operations at 61.5 Having more bandwidth opens up a bunch of possibilties for more locals on it and other stuff, etc, etc

also i noticed for the past month or so that on cablevision channel 174 metro stories channel that at the end of the show it says brought to you by ultra hd. whats up with that if it was supposed to be a voom exclusive. Or was just the hd portion exclusive and not the sd content?

Also Why do you so Called Voomer's Keep Talking bad installs,bad pq?,bad this bad that. Voom is a excellent Service? please real voomers get into this . remember 1 writing is 10 not. so start giving your all let's keep our service

Without saying much... There's a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes. This is why there has not been any public release from VOOM. What it is? do not ask because they are not saying. It will be great if they will keep us informed but as of now we are all in limbo. We can only hope that we get something soon in writing.

Heh :( poor fellas. I feel bad for them. They think they can save the service :( Sorry but the service was dead when it started.... :(

Bfg: What Dish Can pretty much of all Sub's can Receive 61.5:??? I'd LIke to know that answer.

kelljc said:
Also Why do you so Called Voomer's Keep Talking bad installs,bad pq?,bad this bad that. Voom is a excellent Service? please real voomers get into this . remember 1 writing is 10 not. so start giving your all let's keep our service
kelljc:
Let it go. VOOM RIP!!!

kelljc said:
Back to the Real Question: Why Would Dish Buy Back Transponders that 99% of Sub's can't get: Answser that one and I'll go along with the gloom and doom for voom

They did not buy back anything, E* owned transponders at 61.5 ,launched a bird , and is using it, Cablevision also owned transponders at 61.5 , launched a bird and used it for the purposed of Voom, there is also two transponders that E* was using that the FCC said stop, and then let Voom use them for the time being.
Voom has lost about $500 million dollars and Dolan wanted over a billion to keep it going with no promise that it would ever make a profit, it's dead, give it up.

TC_Lauderdale said:
What I want to know is why didn't they put the satellite on AuctionHD? Then some of us could have bid on it. (just trying to find some humor in all of this)

i enjoy the humor :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)