The Final day in the life of 4DTV..

Status
Please reply by conversation.
morn TVPRO. Thanks. Is w5 also ZK (ITC) and is this (ITC) state because the transition is not going as expected?

No W5/X4 is not ITC. If your getting stuff its because your 4D is working on an old category key left in the receiver from 4096. I will expire by month's end.

I will expire by month's end.

Quick get that will drawn up and will me your 922 as long as you don't do the conversion process. Then I'll give your relatives my converted 922 and they can put your ashes in the converted one and send it to Motorola! :D

Then we can get Ice to rename the thread and insert tvropro in place of 4dtv. :)

T7

Does anyone know if the freebies are still coming in over T7 ( like 893 and 894) after the alternate method ? I can't get any AM radio to speak of where I am and those fill the gap.

I'll die along with the 4DTV category key. Anything is possible, not planning it though.

Does anyone know if the freebies are still coming in over T7 ( like 893 and 894) after the alternate method ? I can't get any AM radio to speak of where I am and those fill the gap.

YES. I've done the "alternate" conversion, and the radio stations on T7 are still working fine.

(Just do NOT do the 7 step conversion. Perform SkyVision's "alternate" steps instead. Do NOT do Motorola's 7 step conversion. (Have I said that enough times yet? :) ))

Alternate conversion works here! I am watching starz on w5 with the guide! I like how the guide is always there and not waiting for it to load off G1.
C band subscription is alive and well at my house. I have another 905 I am going to activate

Alternate conversion works here! I am watching starz on w5 with the guide! I like how the guide is always there and not waiting for it to load off G1.
C band subscription is alive and well at my house. I have another 905 I am going to activate

The new guide isn't working very well here. Last night I was getting "NO INFO", this morning at 0615 the guide was good and now, tonight, I'm getting "NO INFO" again.

YES. I've done the "alternate" conversion, and the radio stations on T7 are still working fine.

(Just do NOT do the 7 step conversion. Perform SkyVision's "alternate" steps instead. Do NOT do Motorola's 7 step conversion. (Have I said that enough times yet? :) ))

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only difference I see between them is the Master Reset. So all we need to be saying is DO NOT DO ANY MASTER RESETS.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only difference I see between them is the Master Reset. So all we need to be saying is DO NOT DO ANY MASTER RESETS.

Yes. Very good point - we can say NO MASTER RESETS.

It's been over a month since some of the 'alternate' testing began.. (and there have been so many different variations of the tests) I don't recall exactly which steps "brick" the receiver. I think that a Master Reset, in combination with an EMM Reset while on channel 204 on 105 West caused it to be bricked. I don't even want to consider the 7 steps right now, because it has become quite clear that the alternate set is working good. At least for today.. Who knows what the future will bring. If we come upon more hurdles, we'll do our best to figure out a way around them.

It has been an interesting couple of days. These past 2 days weren't at all what I had envisioned for the conversion..

Thanks, I'm almost ready to dip my toe in the water and try it lol

I just went to w5, tuned to 216, pulled power cord plug, plugged in, waited for "x4" to load, did authorization reset(NOT MASTER RESET), went into websams srl website, rehit and voila!!!!

I just went to w5, tuned to 216, pulled power cord plug, plugged in, waited for "x4" to load, did authorization reset(NOT MASTER RESET), went into websams srl website, rehit and voila!!!!

Is your guide working? (be sure you have a sub to it)

Is your guide working? (be sure you have a sub to it)
I have had the guide since I subscribed to programming and today I also have Info. I did not sub to the guide. I have a 922 and have not been shutting it off overnight. I assume that is no longer necessary.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)