The Future of the CE Program...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Wow... it's been a crazy night!

I have been getting lots of PM's and emails from people asking me if I am behind the DIRECTV CE Program leaving DBSTalk.

The HONEST answer is NO.

As you might know I met Stuart Sweet this past week at the DIRECTV Revolution Show. The meeting was a short and sweet hello nice to meet you kind of thing. We did NOT talk about the CE Program at all, and I told him the reason I was there. After that we shook hands again and he was on his way.

I should also note I did not discuss with him anything about SolidSignal where he works. Again it was more of a hi nice to finally meet you thing and that was it.

Yes it is true that DBSTalk started the CE Program, once it was started we contacted DIRECTV about it and were then sent CE notes which were sent from DIRECTV to DBSTalk and DIRECTV for quite awhile. However over time there were many times we did not get the notes from DIRECTV. After complaining to DBSTalk a number of times we were told to get the notes from DBSTalk and we have always had full written permission from DIRECTV to cut and paste the release notes from DBSTalk to here.

At this point if the CE program is indeed gone from DBSTalk I am not sure if we will continue posting the notes here on SatelliteGuys.

I have contacted Stuart asking him whats going on, and his answer back will depend if we continue offering CE notes here at SatelliteGuys or not.

I had some AMAZING meetings with DIRECTV this past week, and I did not mention the CE program in any of those meetings. I do hope that the CE Program is continued... even if its not here at SatelliteGuys.

Again this entire thing comes as a complete surprise to me. SatelliteGuys is not behind it in ANY way.

Last edited:
Regardless of where the CE program is housed it is a great program that DirecTV uses to improve their receivers and I think it is important in all that we remember that - it is about improving the user experience (and I'm a user, so it matters to me).

In the short term, DBSTalk is expected to post notes for tonight's CEs, and thus we will also post them.

Longer term, in many ways it ultimately is up to DirecTV, less we forget it is their program and we are diligently working on building a relationship with DirecTV (and thus their new parent company AT&T).

Reactions: rlavinder
I have received the following from Stuart Sweet and he gave me permission to publicly post it.

"First of all I want to say that I wish David Bott and all of DBSTalk well. I have been a member there for 9 years and I have enjoyed contributing. But, as with all things there comes a time for change. This wasn't motivated by DBSTalk but by a desire to do a better job serving the needs of the CE program as DIRECTV defines it. I'm sure you agree that CE is about DIRECTV and it's always been shaped by their needs."

I do wish Stuart and his staff all the best in their new operation.

I have added a direct link forum to the new website for the CE.

We wish Stuart and his staff nothing but the best.

Is this new site, a site run by D* ?
or dbstalk ?
or just who ?

I never cared for dbstalk, always felt not good enough for those people with thier editing/deleting of threads.

I plan on it, just haven't actually got around to doing it. Nice to see former Dbstalk outcasts are welcome. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)