THE LAST DAY (THISTV)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I lost THIS altogether. My local OTA broadcast has been replaced with MOVIES!

since Movies! is owned by Weigel (same folks that own MeTV) I can believe that. I see a few affiliates that carried both Me and This have changed to Movies
(looking at the rabbitears site I see the owner of the station in question did this in other markets too...switched to Movies!)

sounds like some affiliates have changed to other channels that are free on big dish. Since Tribune requires you to get their reciever and subscribe (the affiliates) some smaller ones look like they said "screw it"

The example previously in Montana from This to Movies!
KHAS NBC in Grand Island, NE switched from This to Cozi
Couple other smaller markets switched to MeTV or Movies! also

Too bad they encrypted. Video was much better on sat than OTA. It was disappointing when NETV left satellite since OTA for it sucks also. I've noticed that 3 ABC feeds (at least) on G4 are gone also. That video was much better than OTA also. It's strange that they uplink such great feeds only to have the quality dive in the OTA transmission. It's enuff to turn one off to watching TV.

The problem is that local stations try to cram multiple subchannels into their bandwidth. That drags down the PQ of the primary HD channel as well.

The problem is that local stations try to cram multiple subchannels into their bandwidth. That drags down the PQ of the primary HD channel as well.

I like how the CBS of Dallas (KTVT) has no subchannel and is crystal clear.

KMBT 12.4 carries MeTV and the PQ is horrible. They currently have 6 channels, 12.1 - 12.6
What’s stupid is they are running COZI on 12.03 at a very high bit rate and in 720p and the PQ is really decent.

There is no comparison between my MeTV feed from FTA and the local feed. Ugh..

KPLC 7.02 carries This and as far as I know, that’s their only sub channel.
Their PQ is better than what KBMT does to MeTV but they leave a big, ugly logo all across the bottom 1/3 of the screen 24/7.
And it’s too far for me to pick it up reliably without buying a much larger OTA antenna.

So I’ve effectively lost ThisTV. And that sucks because they just started carrying one of my favorite shows, The Addams Family.

:(

I really miss This..

Lost 'This' OTA a week or so after the sale was announced. OTA station switched subchannel to "Me" and the PQ of either is/was a LOT better straight from the satellite. But there's word that they may also add DrTV* to the mix, meaning a more bit starved stream, I'll have to check.
*Didn't that show up on 97?C?

KMBT 12.4 carries MeTV and the PQ is horrible. They currently have 6 channels, 12.1 - 12.6

across 2 different RF channels
12-1 thru 4 is on RF12
12-5 & 12-6 are on RF36 & 43 (both low powered which you already know) ;)
The issue is they are running 3 HD and a SD channel on RF12 (ABC, NBC, Cozi and Me). They could easily throw it on the low powered RF36 & 43 but then they lose coverage (as RF12 is much more powerful)

KPLC 7.02 carries This and as far as I know, that’s their only sub channel.
nope Bounce is on -3
http://www.rabbitears.info/market.php?request=station_search&callsign=kplc

And it’s too far for me to pick it up reliably without buying a much larger OTA antenna.
the antenna that I've sent you PM's on while it is 10 feet long will do what it needs to do...and thats pick that station up reliably. And its only $40....If I wanted ThisTV that bad I'd drop the $40 on the antenna to get it.

Let's face it... We're spoiled by PQ on FTA. In most cases, we're receiving a stream directly from the source, getting what the affiliates get before they run it through a gauntlet of decompression and recompression. I was watching a game last night on 103W, and could count the individual blades of turf on the field.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)