The "new" iPad Announcement / Discussion Thread

I'm sure it's a mistake, but FedEx is showing my iPad as picked up in Nashville and scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I'm not expecting it, but that would be fun!

Did you order accessories? That might be coming early.

No accessories, iPad only. Going to decide on accessories after we've played with it a bit.

I still plan to check out Best Buy today. Last time I had to "preorder" from Apple I got a 2-3 weeks shipping advisory just like I got a few minutes ago from Apple online. But what irritated me is in 2 weeks my local Best Buy store had the item on the shelf and I was still not in a shipped status from Apple. But "order processing" can't cancel so I waited for 10 more days to get the item. When I bought the ipad1 I just walked into the Best Buy store and bought it the first day, no lines 2 hours after they opened. People were still waiting in line outside the Apple store less than a mile away. As a stock holder I like the Apple store business but as a shopper, I'm not that crazy about buying direct from the company.

Mine says the 16th on Apple's site, but the 13th on FedEx.

mine is one state away and says future delivery requested.......I read an article that says ipads are under apples OWN FedEx trucks and will NOT be released till Thursday night. I hope you do get yours early but I dont think you will.

Mine still says "Standard overnight" with a delivery estimated by 3:00 p.m. tomorrow. I'd be surprised if mine slipped through the cracks and came early, but I have to admit I'm a little bit hopeful, since other's status haven't seemed to change.

I have appointment to get one at Verizon store on Friday at 9AM now. Specified 64Gb either white or Black. They were only told they would receive inventory for sale on Friday. They said I would receive a text message on the status of the shipment Thursday night. If I don't show up at 9Am it will be sold to any walk in but as of now, I'm good for a 64GB 4G if in the shipment.

Mine still says "Standard overnight" with a delivery estimated by 3:00 p.m. tomorrow. I'd be surprised if mine slipped through the cracks and came early, but I have to admit I'm a little bit hopeful, since other's status haven't seemed to change.

I suspect it is a glitch, but who knows, maybe you'll have an early christmas. :) Mine says 3:00pm on the 16th.

Just checked mine again and it still says "Preparing for Shipment - Delivers on March 16 via Standard Shipping"

And you ordered yours when they first began the pre-order; I did mine at the END of the Mar 16th window on Friday. Strange. It appears there are iPads in boxes in locations all over the country, and for some reason some places have "shipped" earlier than others.

rockymtnhigh said:
I suspect it is a glitch, but who knows, maybe you'll have an early christmas. :) Mine says 3:00pm on the 16th.

You're probably right, but it's fun to think I might get a 72 hour jump on everyone. I also ordered mine on Friday.

You're probably right, but it's fun to think I might get a 72 hour jump on everyone. I also ordered mine on Friday.

If you do, there will be great rejoicing! And you will be able to post one of the earliest reviews of it in the real world - and right here on SatGuys! Fingers crossed for you!

But why do I suspect you'll get a box with a smart cover in it and nothing else. :)

rockymtnhigh said:
If you do, there will be great rejoicing! And you will be able to post one of the earliest reviews of it in the real world - and right here on SatGuys! Fingers crossed for you!

But why do I suspect you'll get a box with a smart cover in it and nothing else. :)

A Holy Grail reference! How appropriate. If they send me a smart cover it'll be a surprise. Haven't ordered any accessories yet.

I found one of Navy's "iPad 2012" name references...

Another comparison: the new iPad 2012 has a 2048 x 1536 pixel screen, with 9.7-inch physical size. That's four times as many pixels long by 4.5 times as many pixels tall as the original Macintosh, which had a 9-inch screen.

It was in an interesting piece on the number of pixels in an iOS icon: One iOS Icon Is Larger Than The Entire Original Macintosh Screen

Computer Controlled Satellite Positioner / DVR

Windows 7 boot up issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)