The "new" iPad Announcement / Discussion Thread

FoxNews reports Apple stocks down when battery life on the new model is not any better then the 2.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Given that the iPad 2 lasts me for three days, that's a pretty lame reason. I think Wall Street wanted the price to go up!

So will the "world wide 3g" models work with only carriers that use the same GSM or CDMA? Cause most overseas carriers are GSM...

I think they will advertise it as the iPad, but it will be commonly known as the iPad 3 or 3rd Generation, like with an iPod, iPod 4th gen, 3rd gen.

I sort of see the logic, but think it is confusing -- and based on it not being the iPad HD, I don't think they will continue to sell the iPad 2 once they run out. Keep it simple: 16, 32, 64 Wi-Fi/LTE. No 7", no 8Gb model, just consistent.

Changing the thread title. :)

My biggest surprise is really .... nothing. retina display, better graphics, 1080p video, same form-factor, apparently same dock connector, pretty much what we thought.

That said, I know I am going to go crazy when I see that retina screen and can't get one. :(

BUT what I can get is a second Apple TV; been wanting one, and 1080p will be nice. And I suspect the older Apple TV will get the software update too.

I missed the part about the iPad 2 staying in the 16GB model for $399; but since it looks like they are not selling the 32 or 64gb models, this might give me a little more room to try to sell my 4 month old 64Gb Wi-Fi iPad 2. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)