The "new" iPad Announcement / Discussion Thread

I'm surprised that there is no 4g lte on the new iPad for Sprint!

It could very will be in the chipset, but since Sprint's LTE network isn't live yet, there's no way to know. At least until the guys at iFixit tear one apart.

I suspect that there will be a Sprint version once their LTE network is taking live customer traffic.

Does the New iPad, the one without broadband, have a GPS?
Or is it again only in the broadband model?

On the new AppleTV you will be able to sign up for Netflix on screen and pay for your service using your iTunes account. Video from Netflix will be 1080p and 5.1 surround.

On the new AppleTV you will be able to sign up for Netflix on screen and pay for your service using your iTunes account. Video from Netflix will be 1080p and 5.1 surround.

We stream Netflix on our PS3 right now. How does it compare to the Netflix on AppleTV?

I would love to see Amazon come out with an app to use thier VOD on iphone/ipad/apple TV. I wonder who is blocking it? Apple since it competes with iTunes or Amazon since the ipad competes with the Kindle fire. But, I suspect more of Apple than Amazon since Amazon VOD works on my touchpad.

I still can't get over the stupid name. Wasn't the original iPad just plain "iPad?" How to distinguish?

1080p / 5.1 surround and you can pay using iTunes cards. :)

PS3 does 1080p, 5.1 (first platform to get these features), Roku 2 does as well. When comparing it to other devices, it just has more parity now, rather than having minuses in as many columns. http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/07/...ed/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

It's really same old Apple TV, new UI, and 1080p... basically just caught up to Roku 2 in addition to the Apple-centric features most of which were already there.

I would love to see Amazon come out with an app to use thier VOD on iphone/ipad/apple TV. I wonder who is blocking it? Apple since it competes with iTunes or Amazon since the ipad competes with the Kindle fire. But, I suspect more of Apple than Amazon since Amazon VOD works on my touchpad.

Recently bought our 2nd Roku box, would have been a second Apple TV (because first Roku would have been an Apple TV as well) if it supported Amazon VOD.

The only thing that upsets me is the ambiguity of the name. They will have to attach some sort of generational nomenclature or massive confusion on application and accessory compatibility will surface.

I am happy with the features as it will have all the bells and whistles I was hoping for. Recall 2 weeks ago when bloggers spread a rumor that there will be no LTE based on some Chinese packing slip? I didn't believe it then and I see I was right.

The big problem I have now is whether to get an ipad with LTE of just wifi. I have the MyFi LTE but might get caught out without it. Would be nice for Verizon to permit turning it on for a month and then go dormant until needed again.

I will need the larger capacity. I store too many videos now and with HD, the video files will get larger.

With all this photo and video editing on ipad, I hope they improved the i/o connectivity.

The big feature I want is LTE... and I want it to be able to use the LTE to tether to other devices.

We have been having a lot of internet issues at home lately and being able to tether to my iPhone has been a blessing, but too slow... LTE would fix that. :)

It won't fix your battery life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)