The "new" iPad Announcement / Discussion Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
A day a lot of people have been waiting for, this morning Apple announces the newest iPad - most likely to be called the iPad HD as opposed to the iPad 3 (we'll see what actually happens). Rather than splitting the discussion among the various iPad threads, we'll use this one for the discussion of the announcement.

I kind of hope they do call it iPad HD, as it would suggest there will be two sets of iPads for sale, the iPad 2 and the iPad HD. We'll see what happens. And if it is the iPad 3, we'll just change the thread title. :)

Discuss.

I have mixed feelings - I am excited about it, but know I can't buy this latest and greatest toy (darn kid needed braces, I think crooked teeth and an over-bite would have been perfectly fine ;) ). :D :D

(But now I will have something to save for. :)

I am interested in what it will actually be, but unless there is a HUGE unexpected addition that has not been rumored, for me, right now, I can still do everything that I want to do on a tablet with our original iPad.

Most likely an upgrade for me will be the NEXT version.

I am interested in what it will actually be, but unless there is a HUGE unexpected addition that has not been rumored, for me, right now, I can still do everything that I want to do on a tablet with our original iPad.

Most likely an upgrade for me will be the NEXT version.

The only thing I am interested in is the retina display - given how much reading I do on the iPad, the idea of double the resolution is very appealing. The 2 is already very fast and has no lag; and the camera does not do anything for me.

Yeah, trying to just convince myself that it does not matter that I will be a generation behind :D Dang kid and his braces. :)

I am looking at the retina display (my wife is a photographer and this would be amazing for her to show off pictures to clients I think) also the rumor of tactile feedback screen is very interesting..I will try and be a day one purchase.

edit: by the way for the first time in my life I have waited long enough to actually be eligible for a phone upgrade so ipad 3 and iphone 5 for me this year....I guess patience does pay off :)

The big feature I want is LTE... and I want it to be able to use the LTE to tether to other devices.

We have been having a lot of internet issues at home lately and being able to tether to my iPhone has been a blessing, but too slow... LTE would fix that. :)

Another rumor out there is that Apple will also offer an 8GB iPad 2 to directly complete with Amazon. This is what I'm looking forward to since our family is on a tight budget.

Another rumor out there is that Apple will also offer an 8GB iPad 2 to directly complete with Amazon. This is what I'm looking forward to since our family is on a tight budget.

8GB iPad is simply too small. I have at leas 8 GB of apps. Price will drop on the 16GB model most likely, making it a much better option.

If I had an iPad2 I would not replace it with this. But since I have an iPad1 I may just have to upgrade to the iPad HD. My iPad1 runs very slow now and I have to navigate some of the APPs slowly or it will close the APP, mainly QuickOffice Pro and Pages. It simply does not have enough processing power. If I scroll to quickly through some of the word processing documents the APPs simply crashes and it goes back to the home screen.

I may also get the 3G version even though I will not sign up for 3G service. This way I will be able to run several of my GPS APPs.

Maybe they should call it the rPad, for retina display and to torque off a certain Chinese company.

Naw.

But I'll be buying it, as a combined birthday/anniversary present for SHMBO. Hopefully it will dim her memory of an EHD I trashed. Hope that wasn't the one we had all the old DH episodes on. I may have to move out.

Naw.

;)

Wasnt there suppose to be an Ipad 7" model aswell???

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I'm surprised Scott hasn't posted a front page announcement about Apple's unveiling today.

I am at the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 virtual launch event most of the day today, but will keep an eye on the IPad launch too. ;)

New Rumor for the new iPad 3/HD: Apple’s iPad HD may feature unbelievable new touchscreen tech

Read more: Apple

I am at the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 virtual launch event most of the day today, but will keep an eye on the IPad launch too. ;)

As will a large number of people there, I'm sure. Must irritate MS. :p

Only about 40 minutes to go, until I find out just how expensive my wife's present is going to be. :eek:

8GB iPad is simply too small. I have at leas 8 GB of apps. Price will drop on the 16GB model most likely, making it a much better option.

Not necessarily too small, imo. I have an original 32Gb iPad and don't have 8GB of stuff on it these days. I have plenty of apps and books, as well as some data from the Numbers app and everything would fit just fine for me.

I would think that 8Gb would be OK for those that don't store a lot of video/photos on the iPad and have a reasonable number of apps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)