The "new" iPad Announcement / Discussion Thread

Thought you'd like to know the latest OFFICIAL announcement on delivery:
New iPad to be in U.S., overseas stores on Friday
8:45a ET March 14, 2012 (MarketWatch)
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Apple Inc. said Wednesday the third generation of its iPad will arrive in retail locations on Friday in the U.S. and nine other countries. The new tablet personal computer will arrive at Apple's retail stores at 8 a.m. local time in the U.S., Australia, Canada, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. Prices on the new devices will range from $499 to $829.

Yeah, the China thing seemed kind of crazy.

Mine is still in Nashville... patiently waiting... well, its patient, I'm not. :)

Mine's there also. FedEx lists it as overnight shipping. Can't wait.

Picked up
NASHVILLE, TN

Shipment Dates

Ship date
helpIcon.gif

Mar 11, 2012

Estimated delivery
helpIcon.gif

Mar 16, 2012 by 4:30 PM

Service type
Priority Overnight - Adult Signature Required
helpIcon.gif

I'll bet Apple had a deal worked out with UPS to stagger the shipments for a week to allow them to concentrate driver and staff on just delivery for Friday. Also for Apple shipping to spread the work load out for the week. Imagine the impact on the sorting and loading if they tried to load all these shipments out on Thursday.

Mine's there also. FedEx lists it as overnight shipping. Can't wait.

Picked up
NASHVILLE, TN

Shipment Dates

Ship date
helpIcon.gif

Mar 11, 2012

Estimated delivery
helpIcon.gif

Mar 16, 2012 by 4:30 PM

Service type
Priority Overnight - Adult Signature Required
helpIcon.gif
Hmm... I guess that means I can't have my daughter sign for it..

You can print a pre- shipping signature copy and put it on the door if no one is there to sign.

You can print a pre- shipping signature copy and put it on the door if no one is there to sign.
I'm going to be home for the pickup actually. I know I can tell them to leave it but knowing my luck some d*ck, knowing it is iPad day and knows the right return address, will swipe it before I get a chance to get home. Wouldn't be the first time. Luckily though when I had something swiped all the creep made off with was this.

Last edited:
My Spring Break is in two weeks. I can guarantee you I will be leaving the house each day. I'll be hitting the slopes in either Colorado or Mammothm, even if I was expecting an iPad.

Spring skiing in Colorado. Fun. icy mornings, slushy afternoons. With temps in the high 70s I will be quite content at home, on the patio.

Spring skiing in Colorado. Fun. icy mornings, slushy afternoons. With temps in the high 70s I will be quite content at home, on the patio.
Most of the time I go in March or April we get mid winter conditions. Last year in Mammoth here in CA we had a blizzard for 3 days, perfect midwinter powder.

In the Sierras or the Rockies the temps seldom get above 50 in the spring afternoon.

Most of the time I go in March or April we get mid winter conditions. Last year in Mammoth here in CA we had a blizzard for 3 days, perfect midwinter powder.

In the Sierras or the Rockies the temps seldom get above 50 in the spring afternoon.

Well then you are lucky, I have a pretty good feel for spring skiing in the Colorado rockies. :) Enjoy.

Well arent we just having a great week and rubbing others noses in it. :D

Darn right. Remember, I only get paid for teaching 32 weeks a year, so by God, I am going to enjoy the time I am not required to be somewhere. Of course, I've been working all week. Just from my recliner! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts