The "new" iPad Announcement / Discussion Thread

The unpacking begins now

ForumRunner_20120316_110925.png

Let me see if I have this right. My wife can activate her iPad 3rd gen thru signing in on our iTunes account. Then she can "restore" all the apps I have on my iPhone to use/share on her iPad? Even the paid ones?

Still waiting.... grrrr.... FedEx usually comes between now and 1 here, but anything is possible. Grrrr..... at least there is basketball. :)

But the backup of my iPad is done, all the apps are updated, and I am ready to plug that thing in and have some fun! :D

Well I had some issues restoring mine. Apparently the iPad got hung up on restoring some of teh apps so I did a wipe and tried to do a restore, only to see that the restore didn't do much of anything and none of my apps came back. Also, my cloud storage for some reason deleted one of my former back ups so I was almost SOL but luckily I had just done an app sync a while back so at least I got back SOME of my stuff.

Hope we don't run into all these same issues when I set up my old iPad for my Wife..

Still waiting. Not stress, just annoying. Really annoying. I have no doubt it will show up, but I guess good things come to those who wait..... yeah, that's it. :D

and to those who get up in the middle of the night to buy one in the store. :)

I didn't want to wait in lines, so I decided not to go to Best Buy or Apple store and instead just stop at a nearby Verizon store on my way to work.
I was betting that most people would be buying Wi-Fi models, which Verizon wouldn't carry.
My strategy has paid off! There were more sales people on the floor than customers when the store opened this morning. So, there was no wait at all!

Still waiting.... grrrr.... FedEx usually comes between now and 1 here, but anything is possible. Grrrr..... at least there is basketball. :)

But the backup of my iPad is done, all the apps are updated, and I am ready to plug that thing in and have some fun! :D
If you lived here you could have picked one up here at several different locations without waiting in line at all.

I didn't want to wait in lines, so I decided not to go to Best Buy or Apple store and instead just stop at a nearby Verizon store on my way to work.
I was betting that most people would be buying Wi-Fi models, which Verizon wouldn't carry.
My strategy has paid off! There were more sales people on the floor than customers when the store opened this morning. So, there was no wait at all!
Same thing here. Every place that is selling them has no line at all. Preordering this time actually requires more of a wait.

Finally got the old ipad1 updated and backed up. In the middle of doing the restore to the ipad3 now. Should take awhile as I have 55Gb of stuff to move over. No issues so far on apps restore all 97 went fine. Doing the videos and that will take awhile.

Whoops, guess not it's done! :)

I'm coming from ipad1. Screen on the new iPad is absolutely amazing. Speed is a tremendous upgrade from the 1. Very fast on the apps.
No buyers remorse here.:)

News reports said 90 people were in line at the Apple store last night. I left the Verizon store at 8:45 this AM and there were 7 people waiting for the doors to open. Some reports on CNBC are now saying a million ipads were sold in the preorders this past week in the US.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts