The NEW iPhone 4S Discussion

I called Verizon and they said for new accounts its taking up to 72 hours for an order confirmation email. She said supervisors are having to approve each 4s preorder.

I called Verizon and they said for new accounts its taking up to 72 hours for an order confirmation email. She said supervisors are having to approve each 4s preorder.

Makes sense. Easier as an existing customer, nothing more than ordering a new phone, no new contract.

Just talked with our sales rep from Friday and he told me we wont get charged and also won't get any kind of email confirmation of our order until it ships. He said he checked and our two 4S's are in the system as pre-ordered with a ship date of BY the 21st.

My order status from Verizon says "in process." I would SO love it if it shipped a few days early, as I go to Chicago on Thursday, and would love to have it with me, but I know its a pipe dream. :)

I wish I had a way of checking our order online, but the only order I can check is for the 3rd line which is just a basic phone.

My order status from Verizon says "in process." I would SO love it if it shipped a few days early, as I go to Chicago on Thursday, and would love to have it with me, but I know its a pipe dream. :)

You will get in on Thursday after you leave. :D

Apple announces over 1,000,000 pre-orders of the iPhone 4S in the first 24 hours, breaking the previous record of 600,000 for the iPhone 4. The story suggests this does not count pe-orders at AT&T or Verizon.

See: Apple Announces Over One Million iPhone 4S Pre-Orders in First 24 Hours - Mac Rumors

Definitely not the epic fail of a new device that some were predicting because it was not an iPhone "5" or bigger or LTE.

All my music.

When I listen to music now it comes from the Cloud. No need to store it on the device. :D (I also have all my music stored on the Amazon Cloud as well so I always have access to my music) :D

If I am reading Apples wording on iCloud right, your "purchased through iTunes" music is stored for free, and "matched" music can be stored on iCloud for 25 bucks a year. Is this right?

stimpson said:
If I am reading Apples wording on iCloud right, your "purchased through iTunes" music is stored for free, and "matched" music can be stored on iCloud for 25 bucks a year. Is this right?

Yes.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Still no confirmation on our order. I sure hope all is well and we're still in the queue for 2 4S's with Verizon.

The "matched" music isn't stored, they already have it. The good news is that the copy they have of my "matched" music will be at a better rate than I have, so I can remove my matched music and download it at a higher rate! Most of my music I ripped at a lower rate when space was an issue.

Music they can't match they will store on the iCloud.

rockymtnhigh said:
Yes.

Ty

AKGolf said:
The "matched" music isn't stored, they already have it. The good news is that the copy they have of my "matched" music will be at a better rate than I have, so I can remove my matched music and download it at a higher rate! Most of my music I ripped at a lower rate when space was an issue.

Music they can't match they will store on the iCloud.

Thats what I meant, and thank you as well. The reason you provided about the matched songs being at a better rate is 25 bucks well spent as far as I'm concerned.

I finally got iTunes Match to work on my iPad (had to install the latest iOS5 developer beta). NOW everything on my mbp AND all of my itunes music is available. Very nice.

rockymtnhigh said:
I finally got iTunes Match to work on my iPad (had to install the latest iOS5 developer beta). NOW everything on my mbp AND all of my itunes music is available. Very nice.

I can't wait. One more day, right?

I think tomorrow, yeah.

I like that you can chose to download stuff so it is always available. Once iTunes 10.5 comes out for pc I will really benefit from this, as that is where my large library is stored.

I think tomorrow, yeah.

I like that you can chose to download stuff so it is always available. Once iTunes 10.5 comes out for pc I will really benefit from this, as that is where my large library is stored.

Does that mean I can select the songs at random, and not my complete library?