The NEW iPhone 4S Discussion

I have a feeling Sprint will soon stop offering unlimited data once the iPhone goes into full effect on their network.
They are offering it now and are even advertising that they are the only provider that offers an unlimited plan for the iPhone

Yeah, they are doing that now. I bet within a year or two that will change.

I think this will depend if they are able to steal any of the current iPhone users over the unlimited data issue. For most of the people out there 2GB is more than enough for smartphones. I am actually even thinking of dropping my wife's iPhone plan down to the 200MB plan. She rarely goes over 200MB and it would only be an extra $10 on the months that she does. This would save me money in the long run as she has never hit the 1GB mark yet.

They can always change it on you even if you are grandfathered into a plan.
Depends on how the contract is written which is a reason why all of the providers currently honor the grandfathered unlimited plan and cannot change people off of it unless they violate some terms.

Depends on how the contract is written which is a reason why all of the providers currently honor the grandfathered unlimited plan and cannot change people off of it unless they violate some terms.

Current providers honor it because it would allow their customers out of any contract without a ETF. They can always change the contract with just a note to you. If you don't cancel before a date then you automatically agree to the new terms. This is why you always need to look at your bills fully as a small note on the side or bottom can change your contract within your next billing cycle.

Current providers honor it because it would allow their customers out of any contract without a ETF. They can always change the contract with just a note to you. If you don't cancel before a date then you automatically agree to the new terms. This is why you always need to look at your bills fully as a small note on the side or bottom can change your contract within your next billing cycle.
IOW, they cannot change your contract without your permission or without you violating the terms. The non act of canceling is another way of agreeing to change. If one declines then the carrier cannot change it without your permission

IOW, they cannot change your contract without your permission or without you violating the terms. The non act of canceling is another way of agreeing to change. If one declines then the carrier cannot change it without your permission

You only have two options. Agree to the change or find a new provider. Cell phone companies are not the only ones to do this. You have a credit card with a set rate and the card company wants to up your fixed rate. They send a note and you keep the card at a higher rate or the card is closed. You can not charge anything new to that card. I had this happen to me with Sprint. I absolutely did not have the option of not agreeing and keeping things the way they were. The only option was to accept it or leave and I chose to leave.

What the heck is "IOW"? I have never seen that acronym before.

You only have two options. Agree to the change or find a new provider. Cell phone companies are not the only ones to do this. You have a credit card with a set rate and the card company wants to up your fixed rate. They send a note and you keep the card at a higher rate or the card is closed. You can not charge anything new to that card. I had this happen to me with Sprint. I absolutely did not have the option of not agreeing and keeping things the way they were. The only option was to accept it or leave and I chose to leave.
Phone companies have not done this and their is a reason why, they cannot or they will be in violation of their own terms. If they could, they would instead of making threats
What the heck is "IOW"? I have never seen that acronym before.
In other words

Phone companies have not done this and their is a reason why, they cannot or they will be in violation of their own terms. If they could, they would instead of making threats

They have done it in the past but it was not on the Data Plans. Do some searching on the web. There have been many cases of items being changed and people leaving without an ETF. As I stated Sprint changed mine and they ate around $750 in ETF's when I can back to AT&T. We have gotten a little of topic so if you would like to continue we can take it to a new thread.

They have done it in the past but it was not on the Data Plans. Do some searching on the web. There have been many cases of items being changed and people leaving without an ETF. As I stated Sprint changed mine and they ate around $750 in ETF's when I can back to AT&T. We have gotten a little of topic so if you would like to continue we can take it to a new thread.
If true, then there is not guarantee that ATT wont do the same. Either way, I will be taking a chance with getting an unlimited plan. I feel that Sprint is a little more secure in keeping an unlimited plan, particularly with the games ATT is currently playing with me. If Sprint can offer a better plan that is less expensive than a comparable plan with ATT, then I will switch

If true, then there is not guarantee that ATT wont do the same. Either way, I will be taking a chance with getting an unlimited plan. I feel that Sprint is a little more secure in keeping an unlimited plan, particularly with the games ATT is currently playing with me. If Sprint can offer a better plan that is less expensive than a comparable plan with ATT, then I will switch

You are 100% correct. AT&T and Verizon both easily could do the same thing.

Went to the Sprint store to see what they offer and I was the only person in the whole store. Walked over to ATT next door and there was a 60 minute wait to talk to someone.

Anyway, I will get an 18% discount as a teacher bringing my Sprint plan to the same price as much current ATT plan which has fewer features. Plus Sprint will give me $170 trade in for each of our old phones towards new phones. As far as money and feature, Sprint will be the best option.

As far as other unforeseen things, such as why was there a 60 minute wait at ATT (the sales guy at the store stated that everyone in here was preording the iPhone and setting up their accounts with their new iPhone), a 40 minute wait at Verizon, and not a single person in Sprint or T-Mobile, that is something I will have to ponder. My guess is most people do not know Sprint has the iPhone. There were no iPhones on display nor were there any signs in the windows advertising it.

I ordered a black 64 for myself and a black 32 for my wife. Sending my iPhone 4 to my wifes mother.

I had planned on giving my iPhone 4 to my wife, but she saw the 4S video and decided she wanted one also. Surprised me because she normally could care less.

My guess is most people do not know Sprint has the iPhone. There were no iPhones on display nor were there any signs in the windows advertising it.

Shame on Sprint for not having the store plastered with information about the iPhone. I would not expect one on display but they should have marketing material all over the place to promote it.

The iPhone I ordered I ordered from AT&T (I am on Sprint now)  the big reasons for moving (and I have had AT&T before with my old iPhone 3GS) is being able to talk on the phone and use data at the same time plug AT&T is the only network which could do the higher data speeds. (Not saying it will do the higher speeds but if AT&T does the updates they are promising it will be worth it.)

Has anyone who has Verizon and preordered the Iphone 4S gotten an order confirmation yet?

For the all the crap that AT&T has been getting over the voice issues with the iPhone, they may be the better provider this time around. The problem with me is if the wife drops calls, I'll hear about it. If her data plan is slow, I'll hear about that too. Can't win either way. Me personally, I have a corporate CrapBerry and have no desire to carry around 2 phones. Since I'm currently in a Verizon family plan ( wife, son, father-in-law) I'll be getting the wife a VZ 4S.

AT&T Wages Quiet War on Grandfathered Unlimited Users

New Cell Phone Tower but Who's Antenna?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)