The OFFICIAL DISH / HBO Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If Dish offered HBO again, would anyone pay more than 15 a month?
Most of the people in here who had HBO from Dish (before it was taken away) weren't even paying that much, so why would anyone pay more than that now? If HBO wants a certain guaranteed number of subscribers, then they can no longer be a "premium" channel package. They have to become a basic cable channel(s) to get that kind of exposure.

Most of the people in here who had HBO from Dish (before it was taken away) weren't even paying that much, so why would anyone pay more than that now? If HBO wants a certain guaranteed number of subscribers, then they can no longer be a "premium" channel package. They have to become a basic cable channel(s) to get that kind of exposure.
Ding ding ding. Someone finally said it!!!

If Dish offered HBO again, would anyone pay more than 15 a month?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
NO. When DISH priced HBO for $19.00 a month I dropped it and did not add it back till they gave me $10.00 HBO "for LIFE". Of course that turned out to be a lie because there is no more HBO on DISH. But if it went up more than $15.00 I would honestly have to stop watching. It is too high in my opinion ,but look at Netflix . They will be going up another $2 or $3 dollars next month and I do get more use out of Netflix than I do HBO. I like HBO for Real time and West World and Veep. I usually drop it when Bill takes a vacation and re up when he comes back. The movies are okay, but you can see them on any other premium service as they cycle through.

NO. When DISH priced HBO for $19.00 a month I dropped it and did not add it back till they gave me $10.00 HBO "for LIFE". Of course that turned out to be a lie because there is no more HBO on DISH. But if it went up more than $15.00 I would honestly have to stop watching. It is too high in my opinion ,but look at Netflix . They will be going up another $2 or $3 dollars next month and I do get more use out of Netflix than I do HBO. I like HBO for Real time and West World and Veep. I usually drop it when Bill takes a vacation and re up when he comes back. The movies are okay, but you can see them on any other premium service as they cycle through.
For life!! Hahaha. Turned out that "for life" meant for the life expectancy of a Silk Moth

For life!! Hahaha. Turned out that "for life" meant for the life expectancy of a Silk Moth
"I heard my mama cry
I heard her pray the night $10 HBO died"

(I have made the above joke before, so my apologies if you have already seen it.)

Seriously, though, the $10 price did last for the remaining life of HBO on Dish, so it was not a lie.

Queue Mike to say that Dish should offer those that had thenpromotion the $10 price tag again if it returns... never a credit not willing to exploit.

Reactions: pattykay
Queue Mike to say that Dish should offer those that had thenpromotion the $10 price tag again if it returns... never a credit not willing to exploit.
I Like that, and I will Like his post when he makes such a post, because he would be exactly right. Dish never should have promised "for life" if they were not willing to honor that. Of course, that may be one of the reasons why Dish is not bringing HBO back. Dish could not make any money on HBO at that price, and they do not want to have to continue to honor that promotion for those who had it. By the way, for those who had the $10 HBO and have not dropped HBO since it was removed from Dish, how does the HBO charge / credit appear on your bill? Is it still listed as $10 or $15? If the charge and credit are both still listed as $10, then Dish is continuing to honor that price.

So I have yet to see any Dish publication call thenpromotion for life. And back when it started, I had asked several friends that still worked there in various positions, all of them said it was not a lifetime promotion and was misinterpreted by customers(and stupid agents alike) not Dish themselves. Can anyone produce anything at all at any point that says for life?

I had the HBO/Showtime package that was 30 dollars/month. It is still listed as such but is 15 dollars. So HBO was 15 for me. If they reinstate it without price change, I am paying 15/month.

But now hearing of this 10 dollar deal, I'd cancel unless they made me the same deal.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

So I have yet to see any Dish publication call thenpromotion for life. And back when it started, I had asked several friends that still worked there in various positions, all of them said it was not a lifetime promotion and was misinterpreted by customers(and stupid agents alike) not Dish themselves. Can anyone produce anything at all at any point that says for life?
Yes, Filipino CSR's that often use the wrong terms and give out the wrong information

Back when all the talk here started about the $10 HBO "for life" promotion, Dish did not immediately release any kind of statement to disavow that, or dissuade us of that belief, either. So, if nothing else, Dish was certainly willing to take advantage of customers' perception that the $10 HBO deal was "for life." DIRT was a lot more active here in those days. So, if Dish wanted us to know that the promotion was not "for life" don't you think they could have instructed DIRT to post a carefully-worded reply to any thread about the $10 HBO "for life" promotion, to correct the misinformation? For that matter, how many members here signed up for that promotion through DIRT? Did any DIRT member ever say anything in any of those private conversations to correct the perception that the deal was "for life"?

Reactions: HipKat
I don’t think this has been mentioned yet but has anyone thought the jerky video could be the result of a big increase of streaming only subscribers? My own viewing habits when I subscribed through dish was to DVR new episodes or premier movies to watch at my leisure. No individual streams required. Now they have diehard dish subs streaming with HBO Now, many watching series shows as soon as they become available.

Name calling and personal attacks are not allowed on the forum. Please be respectful of fellow members.
Quoting the post to which you were replying might have been nice. Otherwise, it looks like you were responding to my post directly above yours. I did not see any of that in my post, and it does not look like my post has been edited, either.

Quoting the post to which you were replying might have been nice. Otherwise, it looks like you were responding to my post directly above yours. I did not see any of that in my post, and it does not look like my post has been edited, either.
There was a deleted post two above that had a mod edit tag with the reason in it.

(although it is possible that is only viewable to staff. If so then my apologies, it was not yours)

If you’re looking about streaming, then this should be a complete non issue for you. You can still have hBo for the same price, of $15 per month, through hBO Nownor HBO through something like Prime.
True. I'll admit there is a bit of laziness on my part - it's nice to let the DVR do the work, and I just turn it on and watch whatever is on my DVR. No needing to see if there's a new episode, flip to a different platform, etc. Which leads to me being close to dropping - if I'm going to have to flip to a different platform, I may as well flip and make it my primary for everything.

How many extra non-existent subscribers are you willing to pay for so Dish will meet HBO's demands?
Not my problem. Not saying it's Dish's problem either - HBO is basically saying if we can't make xxx subscribers, we want 0 - which is really stupid on their part. It doesn't cost them any more to deliver to 500 or 50000 subscribers on Dish, the content and platform is already there, so every 1 additional customer is just profit at that point.

In the end, I blame HBO here. Just like with basic cable packages, this business model is severely outdated and needs to be scrapped in favor of a la carte pricing, but that isn't happening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts