The OFFICIAL DISH / HBO Thread

No El Rey. :( However, for those who like Stargate SG-1, it looks like Comet is uplinked. That is all that my sister used to watch on El Rey, so she will be happy. :)
I did watch El Rey occasionally and might have watched it more if it were in HD. As for Comet TV, does anyone know generally how long a channel will remain in testing before it becomes available?

As for Comet TV, does anyone know generally how long a channel will remain in testing before it becomes available?
The only real way to tell is to just keep watching the uplink reports. Generally, it usually takes one or two weeks, or it could take up to a month. Any longer than that, and it may be time to start getting concerned that the channel might not actually get added.

Reactions: JSheridan
The only real way to tell is to just keep watching the uplink reports. Generally, it usually takes one or two weeks, or it could take up to a month. Any longer than that, and it may be time to start getting concerned that the channel might not actually get added.
If you want to see Comet TV, it does stream for free, and on several free packages on the Roku. Also OTA in many markets.

Reactions: pattykay
If you want to see Comet TV, it does stream for free, and on several free packages on the Roku. Also OTA in many markets.
I already have access to it, which is how I knew that it carries Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. I was just saying that the Dish feed would be nice for those who do not have high speed internet access, and cannot get Comet OTA, either.

Geez, I wasn’t expecting my thread to get so many responses. Doesn’t matter to me anymore, though. As I currently canceled all the news channels I stream as well as my premium channels (and currently don’t plan on getting HBO and Cinemax if they come back) as I am paying off my debts and after that’s done I’m going to save up for going back to college. After college plus a good career, I’ll most likely resubscribe to these services. All I have right now is Dish Network’s America’s Top 250 and two SiriusXM subscriptions, not to mention Spectrum internet. And even that stuff is too much at the moment.

I know your all saying I’m trying to stick it to Dish.

But if you want your HBO back, best thing you can do is call Dish, threaten to cancel and milk them for as many discounts as you can for them to try to keep you as a customer.

Dish keeps a tally of all the credits and cancellations, and the worse it is for them the more likely they will settle.

I remember when the Viacom channels went dark, they where back in a few days after Dish got hammered With complaints left and right.

Remember lifetime, AMC, Fox Sports (in October after baseball) and I believe outdoor life Network.

As I remember nobody really complained and these networks remained off in some cases 3 months.

Eventually it will come back but if you can get a discount off your bill because of this, you should call

Is this the case or did the channels that got taken down decide they really needed the money Dish was offering at the time?
I think it is interested that Dish noted that AT&T was askign Dish to pay for more subscribers than they really have (so pay us for 100 people when only 50 have subscribed).
Now DirecTV is offering HBO for free on their streaming service - who is actually going to be paying for this? So you as a Dish customer tell them you are fine paying more money so other competitors can offer the same service for free to their people? I really think that if the same thing comes over to Comcast, Spectrum and COX cable outlets all get hit with the same demands and all of them decide "we can do without you", it will either drive an exodus to DirecTV or it will result in AT&T having a massive hit on their stocks as suddenly the HBO field has no money coming in (since Direct is not paying them to use it on their services)

Reactions: Tampa8
Geez, I wasn’t expecting my thread to get so many responses. Doesn’t matter to me anymore, though. As I currently canceled all the news channels I stream as well as my premium channels (and currently don’t plan on getting HBO and Cinemax if they come back) as I am paying off my debts and after that’s done I’m going to save up for going back to college. After college plus a good career, I’ll most likely resubscribe to these services. All I have right now is Dish Network’s America’s Top 250 and two SiriusXM subscriptions, not to mention Spectrum internet. And even that stuff is too much at the moment.
After you come back from college it could be a whole new world

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: edisonprime
I wonder how this will work in areas with internet data caps (which are coming pretty common?)
It will just cost more...…. and more…… and more.

Actually, from what I've been reading these streaming services that were once so attractive, as they raise prices significantly while reducing available content, aren't so attractive anymore.

I wonder how this will work in areas with internet data caps (which are coming pretty common?)

I have a feeling that people who get their internet through AT&T that it would not count towards their data cap. But all the others it would.

Actually, from what I've been reading these streaming services that were once so attractive, as they raise prices significantly while reducing available content, aren't so attractive anymore.

Good point on that. Even if the streaming packages don't increase a lot in cost, the cost of the internet providers will. No data caps here, but I wonder for how long. Of course once 5G gets out, that will be more competition.

Reactions: pattykay

And the free ad supported streaming services like Pluto, etc, just keep getting more and more subscribers... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts